Chocolate Orange Mayonnaise exists, and you can win a jar right now

Originally published at: Chocolate Orange Mayonnaise exists, and you can win a jar right now | Boing Boing

Hellmann’s do Vegan Baconnaise. When I told my colleague about it, I could see the moment the concept broke his brain.
And again, it’s actually pretty good!

3 Likes

doctor who ew GIF

7 Likes

Chocolate Orange Mayonnaise exists, and you can win a jar right now

“Win” is doing some heavy lifting here…

14 Likes

Bugs-Bunny-No-No

12 Likes

5 Likes

And people say British cuisine isn’t a thing.

7 Likes

images

No kidding. What’s the prize for second place? A punch in the face from Evander Holyfield?

6 Likes

Poirot__tumblr_osrs0i48VZ1vww08oo1_r2_400

6 Likes

I dunno, I’d try it. Hot take: bet it’s awesome with a little Marmite too :grin:

1 Like

I flushed something visually similar this morning. didn’t know I was sitting on a goldmine.

2 Likes

If this is just an egg and oil emulsion flavored with orange and chocolate it’s probably decent tasting. However, if it’s mayonnaise with normal mayonnaise flavor, mustard and lemon, with the chocolate and orange added, then fuck no.

4 Likes

Second place: Two jars!

7 Likes
  • so mayonnaise is egg yolk, oil, and some sort of acid (vinegar or lemon juice or both)
  • orange is acidic fruit juice
  • chocolate is a whole lot of things which we like (while poisonous to dogs)

seems like those could be assembled into palatable dessert if the word ‘mayonnaise’ is never uttered. (“so add flour, bit a baking soda, frappe, and chuck it inna oven?” “nah… air fryers s’whut i got”)

"It’s not as mayonnaise-y as I thought it was going to be.

3 Likes

As disgusting as it sounds, I’d still avoid it as regular mayo because it’s not Miracle Whip.

2 Likes

The boldness of concocting such an abomination is overshadowed by the cowardice of not releasing it to the general public.

3 Likes