Chonker cat oddly enjoys standing on two legs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/03/chonker-cat-oddly-enjoys-standing-on-two-legs.html

8 Likes

Sumo Kitteh.

23 Likes

He looks like he’s wearing a tuxedo that’s too small. Hilarious.

19 Likes

A friend had a tuxedo who was vastly overweight, named Sam. We called him Shamu. The friend didn’t like that too much.

We have a kind of heavy tuxedo (is it something about the coloring?) that we worry might get diabetes. The trouble is we also have an old cat who is used to nibbling. We restricted the food for a while and only the old cat lost weight, which is not good.

12 Likes

kitteh is dogu

13 Likes

While living in the islands, I had a tuxedo cat who chonked up not long after being fixed, though I wouldn’t have called it “vast.”

That said, he could and did sit up like a person.

I wonder if tuxedos are prone to being overweight?

12 Likes

Needs more monocle and top hat!

15 Likes

Our cat used to sit up like this when I was a kid. He had been in a minor car accident, and we wondered if he broke a bone and we didn’t know, and it healed weird.

9 Likes

(ETA credit: b3ta user Sheep!)

16 Likes

That’s not a “chonker cat,” that’s a godammed cartoon cat who has somehow entered the real world.

7 Likes

Four legs good - two legs better!

6 Likes

Unclear if standing or sitting…

2 Likes

It’s the final boss cat!

5 Likes

Try doing a Google image search for “猫 おっさん座り,” which approximately means “Cat sitting like your uncle”:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=猫+おっさん座り

9 Likes

No. It’s well known that cats admire Fred Astaire; he always looked great in tux.

5 Likes

Tom Kitten?

5 Likes

23-pound #ChonkyCat Buffy at Michigan Humane up for adoption

Michigan Humane says they have another chonky cat up for adoption. Last December, Michigan Humane came across another chonky cat who was later adopted.

The organization said Buffy is 23 pounds and is a domestic medium hair mix. She’s 9 years, 1 month old and is at the Howell Animal Shelter.

“Buffy is a gorgeous and spunky older lady on the search for her forever home! Buffy is a sweet, affectionate, and lazy girl. She loves to get lots of pets, hang out with people, or lounge happily on the couch or in the window soaking up the sun,” Michigan Humane said in her profile. …

7 Likes

Kinda looks like it might be a tripodal pose. A benefit of chonkernism?

The cat reminded me of Mr. Creosote as he is all dressed up for fine dining, and then I became rather depressed. That damn movie…

4 Likes

Mistakes were made…

14 Likes

8 Likes