Chonker cat takes first treadmill steps, not too sure about this thing

For the first minute or so the video was funny, but it lost its appeal. Seems to me that the cat made it clear he wasn’t interested in being on a treadmill. Continuing to force it on the cat, even when it fights back, seems mean.

9 Likes

How about a stair stepper? Of course you’d need two of them.

Exactly. Clearly this guy does not understand cats or cat language.

5 Likes

This. But cat would get them, quick enough. Treats suspended from a stick stuck to its collar, hanging about 4 inches in front of its nose, perhaps.

1 Like

Maybe a suspended shelf with food near the front, and/or a moving laser dot on the treadmill. 'Nip him up first. But c’mon, chonker cat got that way for a reason. Might be better to just play laser dot on the floor, or teach him how to walk on a leash and go for walks in the backyard.

4 Likes

I can so relate to this.

1 Like

yep, this video gets it. i’ve been considering building or buying a cat wheel for our, umm, inactive felines and the laser pointer is by far the most motivating idea i’ve seen. once they get the idea, they seem to really like having a way to run.

6 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Put a harness/lead on it and let it go outside with you for short walks.

4 Likes

At least the cat’s owner is getting some exercise lifting that fuzzy kettlebell up and down off the treadmill.

4 Likes

In other Youtube-famous cats news, Maru and Hana recently got an addition to the family, rescue Miri!

13 Likes

May as well just start calling that thing the new litter box. It’s so going to get peed on when that guy isn’t looking.

11 Likes

Treadmill = $1200
Laser pointer = $5

Only one of these things is necessary for a fit cat.

7 Likes

Day 6 - My patience is at an end. Despite clear instructions from me, there appears to be an insurmountable lack of respect and willingness to learn from repeated prompts. Tonight the bringer of kibble will meet their well deserved fate.

6 Likes

instead of a treat at the front, just drop a cucumber at the back and watch how fast she runs…

1 Like

“smol snek!”

Yeah, i expect that human gets bit a lot for being a jerk.

3 Likes

Guess his gym membership expired; an earlier video had a Cat Exercise Wheel. It ended as this one did, cat wasn’t into running in place.

This gets me thinking about what does it take to run a cat’s youtube channel.

Folding Ideas, did an examination of what does it take to run a cooking youtube channel. I want this but for pet’s youtube.

1 Like

Forcing kitteh to do stuff kitteh does not want is obvious kitteh abuse. Sic animal control officers on this torturer!

BTW our last kitteh didn’t mind her harness at all – it signaled another adventure. Tied by a line to doggie, she dragged big doggie all over the landscape. When tired, she curled up on his butt. Does the video’s kitteh sleep on master’s butt? I think not.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I tried cucumbers on three different cats at three different periods in time over the last couple of years; got the same response from all of them - sheer indifference.

9 Likes

That looks like a better experience for the moggies than the treadmill.

1 Like