Chonkosaurus, the giant snapping turtle, is a sensation

Originally published at: Chonkosaurus, the giant snapping turtle, is a sensation | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Well thank god the post mentioned several times that this was the Chicago river, I never would’ve gotten it from any audio clues… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

16cfa121-1ea0-4b14-8b35-2ae5b6cc54d6_text

6 Likes

The OP of the video is the inimitable host of the YouTube channel ‘Crime Pays but Botany Doesn’t’, one Joey Sartore, who was doing an ecological survey of flora on the Chicago River on the banks of Goose Island when the turt chonk showed up. He’s been a hidden gem of a YT follow for a bit and it’s nice to see him get some extra eyeballs. He did a segment for the *Support series for Wired called PlantSupport and is a fine friend to self-taught botanists everywhere.

Sorry for being on a phone; the original video is here and it’s wonderful just like his other stuff. Just a mook who loves taxonomy and maybe the occasional psilocybe.

8 Likes

Seconding the YouTube follow. Joey is a happy mutant and his videos always make me smile.

4 Likes

Subscribed. You had me at:

5 Likes

Came here to say just this. Love that channel. Tickled that I’m not the only one who recognized him. Happy mutant crossover FTW.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.