Chris Christie quits Republican presidential race

Originally published at: Chris Christie quits Republican presidential race - Boing Boing

3 Likes

He was the only GOP candidate that I would have trusted to be a good enough president.
I would have been against many, many of his ideas, but at least I wouldn’t worry about him trying to overthrow the government.
All the rest of them have their noses up TFG’s ass that there is no hope for them.

21 Likes

Truth. Not that I think Christie is fit for the office either… but the nation likely could survive a Christie administration. These others, not so sure.

27 Likes

It should be noted, that not only did he endorse trump, he was the first “mainstream” Republican to do so. Had he and others held the line against Trump, the world would be safer.

26 Likes

not wrong the big lebowski GIF

24 Likes

sounds like he endorsed Biden.

7 Likes

As a North NJ resident, Christie deserves to burn in hell with the rest of the miscreants.

As governor he killed a NYC subway tunnel expansion to lower gas taxes, putting more cars on the road and making my commute more difficult. Plus I live close enough to Fort Lee that I take the Bridgegate thing personally.

He may have been the sanest of the GOP candidates, but that says little. The entire party is rot. He was still garbage unworthy of my vote.

29 Likes

Yeah, he’s a little late with his anti-Trump message to impress me. Still…there’s a whole ton of Republicans who have yet to get on that train.

12 Likes

As a south(ish) Jersey resident, I agree!

12 Likes

Sanest GOP candidate is like shortest giant at this point. It’s damning with minuscule praise.

17 Likes

That’s a bridge too far

8 Likes

It’s a race to the bottom with nobody you could cheer for. The best outcome to hope for would be the least worst candidate. (Which isn’t Nikki Haley.) In a party dominated by and catering to the worst of the crazies, no one can be good. Even the apparently likeable ones still get dragged down by their voting record. And eventually “disfellowshipped” by their party.

2 Likes

I agree that Christie is generally a competent administrator, and this, imo, makes him far more dangerous than the incompetent Trump. Imagine Bridgegate on a national scale. And read about Christie’s history. He was deeply involved in the US Attorney scandal, when W and AG Alberto Gonzales attempted to fire a number of USA’s and replace them with stooges loyal to the administration (sound familiar?). And his record as a local elected official contains even more, and numerous, examples of his thug-like behavior. Christie is Trump with brains and a law degree. I’d have paid real money to watch him debate Trump, though. LOL. Would have been exquisite.

5 Likes

So, you’re cool with Desantis? Because he’s kind of worse.

4 Likes

I wonder if the Kochs pulled the plug? (They’re not backing him publicly, but they have so many dark money channels.)

2011:

5 Likes

They’ve got their hands up in all the puppets.

Wonder if Christie squealed when they pulled out.

5 Likes

Exactly. And leave us not forget that the only reason Christie turned on Trump is because Trump nearly killed him with COVID, and then asked him not to blame him for infecting him. It’s personal, not principled, opposition.

3 Likes

rje5gjwvglmrf0dafcv5

7 Likes

csi miami GIF

Mr. Florida DeFascist? Yep. We could argue about who’s worst but that doesn’t make the least worst not terrible.

1 Like