Chris Christie announces candidacy by attacking Ivanka and Jared: "The grift from this family is breathtaking"

Originally published at: Chris Christie announces candidacy by attacking Ivanka and Jared: "The grift from this family is breathtaking" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

And yet, he was more than happy to align himself with them when he felt it helped his career. He’s from Jersey, so he had to have some inkling about how rotten Trump’s organization was… there is no real excuse for his early Trump boosterism…

So, his own “grift” might not be “breathtaking” but there is some amount of grifting at play in his own politicking…

33 Likes

Does he flip a coin to decide to kiss Trump butt or slap it?

9 Likes

Shrugs GIF

6 Likes

popcorn

3 Likes

Sorry… I can’t enjoy the disintegration of our democracy… I can’t enjoy the disintegration of any society.

9 Likes

I mean he’s not wrong

35 Likes

Not at all! He’s on the money… but he’s also a disingenuous asshole.

21 Likes

I’m not just a member of the No Fun Club, I’m a Senior Vice Chair Officer of this thing of ours.

1 Like

The fact that the media is treating Christie as if he’s a viable candidate blows my mind. A lot of the Republicans need someone in their life who will be blunt and honest with them. Christie and Mike Pence have no both declared. Neither has even a 1% chance of getting the nomination.

9 Likes

They’re all shite. The whole party is now shite. The literally best of the bunch is probably Mittens…

12 Likes

Even he tried to suck up to Trump to get a spot on his cabinet.

5 Likes

I mean, so did lots of republicans… They’re all trying to have their cake and eat it, too… except maybe for the ride or die Trumpers…

6 Likes

Does he forget that not so long ago, he was NECK DEEP IN THE TRUMP GRIFT? I guess he does. They’re all so absolutely goldfish clueless. No idea what happened ten minutes ago.

3 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

All of them are hoping Trump dies / is arrested / flees the country, leaving the lineage of the Trump monarchy in question. War of Bozos.

4 Likes

It seems that a lack of object permanence is a requirement in the modern GOP.

11 Likes

Yep. I’m happy to let these terrible people tear each other apart. If Christie can convince even a handful of GOP voters that Trump is rotten, it’s fine with me.

I still think Trump (barring incarceration or death) will be the Rep. nominee. I just hope his loss in 2024 will be a blow-out.

6 Likes

10 minutes? I don’t think they can keep it straight for a sentence or two.

3 Likes

Sellin’ books and settlin’ scores … quite a basis for a Presidential run

6 Likes