Chris Christie announces candidacy by attacking Ivanka and Jared: "The grift from this family is breathtaking"

Well, I don’t disagree with him on that point, but with that statement the irony is breathtaking.

And I’m sure the GOP base is like “How DARE he criticize our royal family!!!

That may be, but in that case I could definitely see the MAGA base sitting out 2024 or voting for some seriously wacko third party candidate. See: the “Freedom Caucus” voting with the DEMs to screw over McCarthy.

They are the party of “burn it down”, it could apply (fingers crossed) to their own party.

8 Likes

All true, but I’m still in favor of the media covering their criticisms of Trump, as long as they aren’t also portrayed as principled heroes. Voters should be frequently reminded that even the people who were closest with Trump see him as unfit for office

9 Likes

Yeah. The only one I can think of who never even flirted with the Trump train was John Kasich. At least not that I can remember.

6 Likes

Pretty much, and he’s probably got a snowballs chance in the current state of the GOP…

6 Likes

Which makes it easy to dismiss his criticism as “sour grapes,” something Trump will absolutely do (and his followers will go along with it, because for once he’s not entirely wrong).

For Trump’s supporters, I imagine he’s basically bulletproof when it comes to these kinds of charges of corruption - because the people pointing them out were either complicit and thus not to be trusted, or were always “anti-Trump” and thus not to be trusted.

4 Likes

The only reason Christie is poking the Trump bear is because he knows it will trigger TFG to respond and result in him getting mentioned in the news. Without that coverage he’s as invisible as Pence.

8 Likes

Gee, why not go start your own thread if fun and games is what you actually wish to discuss?

Attempting to derail this one needlessly won’t change how fucked up the current status quo is…

3 Likes

Oooooh, yuck!

I Hate It Trash GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

6 Likes

My contribution isn’t even the 10th most worthless in this thread.
What could anyone say in a thread on a web forum that’s going to influence the Republican Primaries to anyone’s liking?

Thousands of people who are not posting visit this site each day, and many likely read the comments… You never know who is reading and why.

This thread has already had 300 views for example.

7 Likes

I’d be interested in the methodology used to arrive at this conclusion.

4 Likes

I think we’re on the same team here. I am sorry for being a jerk. This stuff is definitely frustrating and sucks, and I personally don’t feel like I have something worthwhile to contribute, so will keep my trap shut.

They had this interaction, according to Kasich.Report: Trump camp told Kasich he could run foreign and domestic policy as VP - Vox
No idea if Trump intended to do that, but then found he could have his say on things without doing any of the homework, or if he was just lying in order to get the guy he wanted.

2 Likes

That’s your money," he said. "That’s your money he stole – and gave it to his family.

He does realize that Trump’s shameless dishonesty is WHY people like him, right? His supporters are happy to pay tribute to their griftlord as long as he promises to harness that complete lack of morality to punish brown people. They’ll gladly sabotage their own futures in order to hurt the right people. The cruelty is all that matters to them.

6 Likes

No one said that.

3 Likes

Has Kasich confirmed that, because the report in that article was based on the word of one of Kasich’s advisors? Even if it is true, the offer apparently came from Trump, Jr., not Trump himself, and Kasich said no. Kasich never endorsed Trump after he dropped out of the race, and, assuming we can take him at his word, didn’t vote for Trump, either. I don’t like Kasich (he’s still a conservative Republican at the end of the day), but as far as I know, he has consistently been a never Trumper from day 1.

4 Likes

Corrupt political hack calls out other corrupt wealthy hacks. And the circle goes round, and the rest of us are fucked as our democracy disintegrates thanks to these feckless wealthy skid marks.

4 Likes

Samesies.

By what metric?

4 Likes

100%. i do not care how loud he gets about trump. he is not telling anyone who pays attention what they don’t already know. but christie is for christie and is not to be trusted.

7 Likes

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

7 Likes