Chris Christie announces candidacy by attacking Ivanka and Jared: "The grift from this family is breathtaking"

Is it time to remind people why Christie got kicked out of politics the first time? Oh, let him do some damage to Trump first, THEN remind people of the details. Got it.

2 Likes

A polymath of horseshit if you will

5 Likes

I wish voters were frequently reminded of how multiple GOP pols criticized him when he ran the first time, then supported him, then criticized his job performance, then supported him, called for his impeachment but didn’t vote to convict him, and criticized his actions on Jan 6 - only to change their tune a week later. On second thought, I wish undecided voters would be reminded - it’s clear most GOP supporters do not care about that.

12 Likes

The fly in that ointment is that it doesn’t matter if they fall in line behind Trump anyway if he gets the candidacy. Which evidence suggests they will.

3 Likes

He’ll do it again too. As soon as he’s pocketed some of the sweet PAC money he’ll get at some point.

1 Like

I haven’t heard a Republican Presidential hopeful make any sense on the campaign trail since Senator John McCain; May he rest in peace.

Trump really lowered the playing field since he first ran, won the Presidency, then lost his second attempt and fomented an insurrection.

I think it’s going to take a long, long time before the Republicans get their shit together again and have someone who can possibly win a Presidential election.

1 Like

You’re missing a word, unfortunately.

“fairly win”. There’s plenty of maneuvering to make sure they win.

4 Likes

I immediately assumed he meant “breathtaking” in the sense of “awe-inspiring, the kind of feat I could only aspire to.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.