Chris Christie goes for Trump's jugular at live event, and it sure is satisfying (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2023/06/13/chris-christie-goes-for-trumps-jugular-at-live-event-and-it-sure-is-satisfying-video.html

3 Likes

Sure would be nice if Christie would tear into Trump for, like, trying to destroy our Constitutional government. Trump losing elections is probably the best thing he has ever done for the public good.

24 Likes

And even that time he lost the popular vote by a margin of at least three million.

No Republican has entered the White House with the majority of voters behind them since the 1980s.

21 Likes

If Trump wins the Republican nomination, Christie’s swing back to kissing his butt will be the most pathetic yet.

22 Likes

Is he talking in front of an audience? Zero reaction from them in that clip.

6 Likes

Well they wanted a pro-Christie crowd like they had a pro-Trump crowd for his town hall, but one of his supporters had the flu, and the other one had to go to his kid’s piano recital.

27 Likes

Until these corrupt fascist pieces of shit are tearing into each other’s jugulars with actual knives I’m not watching

14 Likes

clap GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

5 Likes

Of course, Christie was willing to support [expletive deleted] for a long time, even when it was apparent to all what he was. Now he comes across like a former cult member who wants to take down the cult leaders.

5 Likes

Biden? most incompetent first two years Christie has ever seen? Really? I guess he just hasn’t really been paying attention…

13 Likes

I mean, this is somewhat a rhetorical erasure of the 2004 election which GWB won handily, but incumbency does have its advantages

1 Like

I don’t think it’s an unfair characterization because he wouldn’t have won in 2004 if he hadn’t already entered office with a minority of the popular vote.

8 Likes

The standard line of thought was: it was always going to be Trump getting the nomination. Even after Jan. 6th he kept a stranglehold on the GOP; they all got in line. To oppose him is to either destroy your political chances or destroy the party.

So either Christie thinks he’s actually got a shot, or it’s more “burn it all down” logic.

2 Likes

I mean, Christie destroying his political chances would be no loss to anyone else, and destroying the party would be quite the opposite…

9 Likes

The party is already destroyed.

What’s left is a hollowed out shell of the former party that shares none of the policy of the former party many view with rose colored glasses. Anyone who actually wants those former policies should want and desire destroying the current party. After all, the current party took all that away from them.

As an extra FU to those people, they’re all called RINO now, as if it was them that changed. Why wouldn’t they all desire to destroy the party. Presumably they felt some attachment before.

It’s the ones that keep pretending the current is the old and voting for it out of inertia that are harder to understand.

3 Likes

that was my main thought. he said all this accurate stuff about trump, but then comes up with this completely delusional take on biden?

6 Likes

I know you’re being rhetorical, but it is such a tired conservative trope.

Biden could cure death. Heck, JC could return to earth, perform a dozen miracles and anoint Biden his chosen one, and Republicans would still label him (or any Dem President) a failure.

7 Likes

yeah, i guess he just HAS to get a dig in at Biden, even if it’s easily proved false, just because he’s the (Dem) President – can’t look like you’re giving him a pass, or anything. after all, he’s the guy they are all ultimately running against.

2 Likes

The party of Trump entirely grew out of the “we create our own reality” party of Bush and his neo-cons, which grew out of the “governments shouldn’t help the poor” party of Reagan, which grew out of the “we hate blacks and hippies” party of Nixon. This is them refined to their rotten core, not betrayed.

10 Likes

Exactly so. I’d love to tell Republicans like Christie and Liz Cheney et al, who long for a return to the pre-Trump days, that Trump is the apotheosis of what they’ve been after for 50 years as a party: hatred, fascism, and chaos.

2 Likes