Chris Christie says losing 3,000 humans lives every day to Covid-19 is a fair price to protect the economy

Its been tried

4 Likes

Probably already said upstream but: You first.

Sorry, but really, for all the ‘coffin for coffer’ folks, kill yourself. Jesus is apparently all about Capitalism, so it stands to reason Heaven’s economy must be the shit. So by all means, make the journey.

I am not trying to find equivalence in the disease. I am trying to find equivalence in the man. He response to both the Ebola situation and COVID-19 has more to do with politics and health and safety, in my humble opinion.

4 Likes

j592icji1ww41

18 Likes

Asked if the American people “would be able to accept” the reality of reopening following such news, Christie said, “They’re gonna have to.”

Not that Chris and his plutocratic pals plan on being anywhere near the American people when the poor and just about managing are forced back to work.

1 Like

I’m sure plenty of pro-life/anti-abortion spokespeople condemming this will speak up any minute.

2 Likes

Um doesn’t he realize he’s in a high risk group. No offence to Chris mainly due to also having weight issues off and on over the years myself so I feel totally comfortable to say this myself but, that dude looks like he’s two or three cannolis away from needing to have a full on coronary scrub out. The covid would hit him like a freight train if he ever got it.

6 Likes

Considering he is in pretty much “all the high risk groups”, he might want to re-think that position.

3 Likes

The people of this country are punch drunk from absorbing your repugnance; do we have to endure any more? “They’re gonna have to.”

1 Like

The difference in leaders and how they handled potential pandemic can be demonstrated in one meme.

9 Likes

Christie should take a job bagging groceries at Safeway tomorrow.

7 Likes

Black Mirror’s got you covered. (Virtually, anyway)
hqdefault

3 Likes

What’s 450,000 or so avoidable deaths among the plebes? /s
I wonder what kind of gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes will go on when one or more of the major political and/or financial players dies from COVID-19?

3 Likes

Perhaps it would have been best to invest in prevention we could have a well funded CDC and relationships in China and other hot zones to track and prevent the sprea … oh right republicans, I totally forgot … they hate investing in shit like this and rather just roll the dice and kill people for their bottom lines.

3iuNs3e

7 Likes

Hey, Chris Christie…

pretty-pink-finger

Because they don’t understand the fundamentals of the economy, because they listen to right wing assholes who tell them that it’s wall street that is the economy…

12 Likes

There is no real debate whether we should re-open the economy. That is going to happen. But this campaign of black noise from one corner of the spectrum serves to obscure the terms of re-opening. The grownups want to re-open in a way that illuminates and addresses infections, and the “other side” (if indeed we are calling it that) wants to re-open blind.

They’re of course never going to own up to the consequences of their “plan”- but it’s quite clearly designed to clear our some surplus population of the less desireable (less rich) sort.

1 Like

Screw that noise. The guy just said it was OK for 3000 of his fellow Americans to die every day to protect his portfolio. I think he deserves to be offended.

8 Likes

Thanks to the “Streisand Effect” millions of people have seen this Anti-Trump ad than originally planned.

3 Likes

It’ll be a LOT worse.

3 Likes

Chris Christie is a useful idiot of oligarchy. He has some competition though for the title. He’s also a useless tub of human (though not humane) shit. The Covid would eat that fat fuck alive…not a picture of health.

1 Like