Christopher Nolan "tricked" studio into casting Cillian Murphy in Batman Begins

Originally published at: Christopher Nolan "tricked" studio into casting Cillian Murphy in Batman Begins | Boing Boing

1 Like

Tangential, but that’s one hell of a media game of telephone.

Devin’s BB post references the Comic Book RehaResources article, which rehashes a Variety article, which itself rehashes of the original Entertainment Weekly article!

3 Likes

we have to go deeper

(sorry, couldn’t help myself)

6 Likes

… at the time I thought he was too young for the Scarecrow—I mean, a demented psychiatrist needs to get through med school and then practice for a while before losing his mind :man_scientist:

Maybe they should have given him Bruce Wayne

3 Likes

He did his undergrad in mad scientism.

1 Like

He did certainly nail the part of the Scarecrow, IMHO.

Why is this so hard to get everyone on board? I’ve watched exactly one season of Cillian Murphy, and it was obvious he was fully capable of just about anything on the screen.

Probably, because it’s not about talent, but more box office numbers. The big name producers who green light films often like to pretend that they are there for the art of film (and some probably are) but many are all about the bankability of stars not how actually talented they are…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.