Cinderella with glass arm instead of glass slipper

I’m a hand model, mama. A finger jockey. We think differently than the face and body boys… we’re a different breed.
duchovny

4 Likes

Taken down by Snopes! Damn you, Bettelheim!

3 Likes

Weird how a squirrel can take you down a rabbit-hole. If you speak French, see this: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controverse_sur_la_composition_des_pantoufles_de_Cendrillon
You’re right! It’s glass. It was Balzac who speculated that it was really “vair”. It was in a novel, and the speculation was from a character who is a “pelletier”, or furrier.
The article notes that, completely aside from the verre/vair thing, nobody ever comments on how odd it is that they’re “slippers”. In the Perrault, he talks about “pantoufles”, which (according to the article) were even then comfortable indoor footwear that open in the back, like mules.
It’s squirrels all the way down. Glass squirrels.

4 Likes

It’s still a bit of a debate, though.

Anyway, this is the definitive version:

2 Likes

So they were actually like these Chip 'n Dale slippers?

6 Likes

More likely Mattel. They look like Ken and Barbie fresh from the factory.

I’m so cruel.

1 Like

I’m being sued by Harlan Ellison right now.

@TheGreatParis that makes you (Robert) Culpable.

4 Likes

No, probably more like this one;

1 Like

Well…she was armless enough.

3 Likes

I’d be very surprised if that hasn’t already happened (not a parody). And I refuse to google it; who knows what’ll turn up.

1 Like

I SPIED your joke!

2 Likes

At least in the German version I know, she actually chops off her heel, which always struck me as an odd choice.

2 Likes

In at least one version, the first “Ugly Sister” cuts off her own toes; and when that doesn’t work, the second one cuts off her own heels. They then have they eyes pecked out by magical doves; and, apparently, Cinderella is okay with this.

2 Likes

I mean, they did make her clean the kitchen, so what did they expect?

3 Likes

Don’t forget to try to steal the guy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.