Cinderella with glass arm instead of glass slipper

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/23/cinederlla-with-glass-arm-inst.html

12 Likes

Certainly narrows down a potential owner doesn’t it?

8 Likes

Well… Not exactly. In the original stories, one of the stepsisters chop the tip of her foot to make it enter in the glass slipper.

Sounds a good idea, until you die bleeding.

19 Likes

Later on, the red hot iron arm might cauterize it.

8 Likes

Imagine that they don’t goes expontaneos combusting… Sounds good

1 Like

Ah, the origins of Cinderella. And let us not forget that the “glass” slipper, in the French original, was not “verre” (i.e., glass), but “vair” (i.e., squirrel fur). I know! A young girl, coming of age and having her very first fur slipper given to her by a prince. For more, see Bruno Bettelheim’s The Uses of Enchantment. #DisneyRuinsEverything

17 Likes

That’s a pretty cool cosplay. I will admit though it would seem to me that a glass arm would just as impractical as a glass slipper.

5 Likes

Awesome on so many levels. Creative, provocative, and an expression of affection and generosity.
Gives me the happies

15 Likes

But a squirrel fur arm would be something else.

11 Likes

Sorry,I only support the right to arm bears

7 Likes

But a squirrel fur arm would be something else.

Is that a squirrel fur arm or are you just glad to see me?

I think she’s a robot from the future.

11 Likes

Harlan Ellison will be suing her.

10 Likes

You know, of course, there will be an “adult” parody.

3 Likes

What a nightmare! I haven’t slept a bloody wink. There I was, dancing with this gorgeous chick and then, just as the town clock began to chime, she bolted out the door leaving me standing there, holding a LONG GLOVED GLASS ARM! Has anybody seen my slippers?

2 Likes

I don’t know, she seems like someone you could see right through.

5 Likes

That’s what I came looking for!

4 Likes

I want one with lights in it!

6 Likes

But not as bad as a glass jaw. [yes, that’s a genuine slang term]

1 Like

Sadly, for all you Freudians, no.

3 Likes