Citing experience selling marijuana, unemployed Chicagoans seek permits to sell legally

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/23/citing-experience-selling-mari.html

6 Likes

“I’m going to need to see your ‘Dealer’ permit, sir.”

4 Likes

Back when recreational was on the ballot here in Washington, I always felt that this would be the no brainer, they know the product and the market and it was the prohibition that made them felons.

It also occurred to me that it could be a funny sketch having a class in training ex drug dealers how to work within a legal market.

11 Likes

That reminds me to get on over to the dispensary.

5 Likes

“So I can write the baggies off as an expense, but not the rolling papers? That’s some real bullshit, man.”

3 Likes

It also occurred to me that it could be a funny sketch having a class in training ex drug dealers how to work within a legal market.

What if weren’t a funny sketch, but actual policy. Teach folks how the rules work and to work within them, and also to be first responders to some of the other stuff that comes along with substance use. Like how to administer narcan if there’s an opioid OD, or how to spot and intervene in DV situations. Not dissimilar to how bartending classes and license requirements are met.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.