Clamdy Canes, clam-flavored candy canes

Among my favorite desert garnishes is maple candied bacon.

Down on Stone Way? The original REI building was equally funky.

1 Like

Clams are delicious!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Arch McPh gots bacon canes. 99% sure

Really? That makes me sad. I always thought it was just about the appearance.

2 Likes

I make some at home on the pan whenever i’m planning on making pancakes. Usually the mix is maple syrup, paprika, garlic and balsamic vinegar.

1 Like

There’s a place in Bar Harbor, Maine, that has lobster ice cream.

I tried it. It’s a little bit… fishy.

1 Like

For ice cream there’s been some weird savory flavors i’ve been keen on trying, though i’m allergic to shellfish so i’ll live vicariously through your impressions on it :stuck_out_tongue: Not sure something with a fishy taste is something i’d wanna try (as much as i love fish, and i really love fish).

I do have a story of when i went to Japan a few months ago and ordered and ate instant ramen ice cream by accident/error. Boy eating it was a hell of a surprise.

1 Like

Many years ago I went to Japan and visited the Ice Cream Museum, which, sadly, I believe is long gone, and tried a few weird flavors: rice, sweet corn, and garlic-mint flavor, which was called Dracula The Cool.

2 Likes

Mine i had at the Cup Noodle Museum food court. The museum is really nice, you even get to make your own custom flavor combo and jazz up the packaging with your own art before they shrink wrap it. You can also pay extra and make the noodles from scratch but they were sold out on available slots on it sadly.

3 Likes

I’ve made Thai Basil and Jihadi (hibiscus) Tea ice creams, they were well recieved.

2 Likes

I just hit crisp bacon with a little maple syrup while it’s still cooking. It sure candies beautifully right there in the pan.
I serve it as garnish with pan fried bread pudding.
A little vanilla sauce and whipped cream… that’s pretty OK.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Oh dear god. No. Nup. Uh-uh. Not ever.

2 Likes

why?

christmas caesars

caesar

3 Likes

I’d go for sriracha candy canes… unfortunately that was apparently a Christmas 2013 thing and they’ve been long since discontinued.

3 Likes

What’s next, clamidia flavored canes?

1 Like

I think that would depend on ones’ opinion of clams.

Personally I think they are wonderful and delicious! Very clean and visually attractive, too, when compared to other shellfish like (for example) mussels or oysters. I mean, clams are pretty much the platonic ideal of a bivalve.

There is an entire industry built around making women uncomfortable and insecure about natural vaginal odor, as well as a number of euphamisms that liken female genitalia - or women generally speaking, to smelly seafood.

1 Like

Moving to New England from the midwest definitely changed my thoughts on clams. I knew them as chewy, rubber-band-like, funky-tasting things you’d get at Captain D’s, and was baffled when folks on the coast offered me “whole bellies”. A freshly-caught, fried whole belly clam is one of the finest treasures of the sea, sweet and delicious.

1 Like