Clamdy Canes, clam-flavored candy canes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/05/clamdy-canes-clam-flavored-ca.html

2 Likes

I shoulda known from the headline that this was an Archie McPhee product! I expect to see these in the gift shops on Bearskin Neck any day now.

4 Likes

Thx Archie McPhee, I’ll stick to your good ol Pickle Canes.

2 Likes

5 Likes

15 Likes

That’s what she said…

4 Likes

If these canes get ranked above black licorice in the next Halloween Candy Hierarchy I will come over to the Boing Boing offices and put my muddied cowboys boots on their newly purchased suede couch.

9 Likes

MaleCreamyDalmatian-small

9 Likes

7 Likes

Savory candy canes? hmm…

Euphemistically speaking… “clam” has in the past referred to female genitalia.

1 Like

I’ve always understood it to be a negative if not misogynistic euphemism, because it rests on and perpetuates sexist stereotypes about cleanliness and women’s bodies.

7 Likes

Except that it’d be mostly sweet anyway since the sugar would be holding everything together. It might work for certain savory flavors though. Something like candied maple bacon, which legit sounds awesome if it had actual bacon… but i can’t think of other savory flavors i would be into.

1 Like

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

6 Likes

Sure. Why not.

1 Like

2 Likes

mcphee oh how i love thee.

I’ve been courting this murder of crows in my neighborhood for about six months.

I’ve been hitting with that sweet sweet clean bird bath next to a bird chill station across the yard from a micro peanut distribution bar that I have set up.

All of this has been a set up for when they are all finally comfortable around me for then to dress up in my best all black outfit and don this bad boy and see what happens next.

2 Likes

3 Likes

When I lived in Seattle the original Archie McPhee was near my apartment, and they just had weird surplus stuff (tiny dice, boxes of old Mao statues from China, all kinds of random plastic animals), which I thought was a lot more interesting than the weird products they have specially made now. But times have changed, so I give them credit for reinventing themselves.

4 Likes

My hands are getting clammy just thinking about these.

1 Like