Clarence Thomas blocks order to have Lindsey Graham testify against election meddling

Originally published at: Clarence Thomas blocks order to have Lindsey Graham testify against election meddling | Boing Boing

6 Likes

show of hands – did anyone not see this coming?

33 Likes

This is a good time to remember that our Constitution provides a process for impeaching a sitting SCOTUS judge.

62 Likes

One fascist arselicker covering for another. “Independent judiciary” my arse.

20 Likes

39 Likes

6y3ymq

22 Likes

Something wrong about a Constitutional clause that is designed to protect legislatures from lying, cheating and worse.

4 Likes

That’s not what it does, though. Thomas is grossly misapplying it - as the 11th Circuit clearly stated in their ruling, that Thomas put a stay on.

29 Likes

Big surprise. Bought and paid for.

6 Likes

It still has to go before the full court. I wonder how far they’re willing to go.

13 Likes

Happy that Thomas removed all doubt as to how deep he was involved in the J6, these Supremes think they are untouchable…

33 Likes

Nothing to prove otherwise at this point.

6 Likes

29 Likes

GOP cashing in forever on pulling CT’s chestnuts out of the fire. Never deal with GOP loan sharks.

4 Likes

Even while breaking their oaths, ignoring precedent, and lying during confirmations, they seem to have forgotten that others out there can also rationalize misconducts… and with actual justifications. They are not untouchable.

8 Likes

27 Likes

He shouldn’t be wasting the court’s time with a review that has zero merit on the face. He [Graham] was calling on behalf of Trump, which is clearly outside his congressional duties.

Edited to clarify.

18 Likes

I fail to see what is out of the ordinary here. It is relatively routine for the Circuit Justice to issue a temporary stay like this if they feel it is something the whole court should make the decision on. It is also fairly common for the court, as a whole, to take a pass on these emergency appeals as well.

3 Likes

But if the whole court takes a pass does the stay get lifted?

If you or I file an appeal to SCOTUS for some made up nonsense, would we get a stay? No? Then neither should Graham.

When there’s zero merit to the appeal, it doesn’t need a stay. This is Thomas granting an unreasonable request to a fellow insurrection traveller.

20 Likes