Lindsay Graham must testify after Supreme Court declines to help him

Originally published at: Lindsay Graham must testify after Supreme Court declines to help him | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Aww, poor ol’ Senator Huckleberry Freeloader. His pal and fellow fascist enabler Clarence Thomas could only buy his case a limited amount of time before it was exposed to be as completely without merit as everyone else knew it was.

31 Likes

The Supreme Court ultimately doesn’t owe the people who got them on the bench shit. They are ideologues, not fixers.

13 Likes

I would love to believe that this was justice done, but I suspect at least half of it was a case of burned bridges.

9 Likes

Alito is an ideologue, a pretty rabid one. Thomas, though, is more of a fixer for the GOP. Roberts is effectively a fixer for big corporations. Too early to say where Kavanaugh and Barrett and Gorsuch will end up, but at the very least they’ll be expected to show some gratitude and fealty when the fascists try to end liberal democracy in 2024; in the meantime they’ve done plenty of damage supporting the GOP’s appeals to anti-choicers and racists.

26 Likes

Well, it was enough to push his Georgia testimony out past Election Day in all likelihood. Certainly out past the point where many people have voted. Thomas did his job.

25 Likes

I don’t really have any evidence to back this up, but I have a feeling that all three justices appointed by Trump probably despise him because they see Trump (and the circus that he brings wherever he goes) as getting in the way of pushing forward their agenda to reshape America into Gilead. If they have any loyalty, it is to McConnell and the Federalist Society.

Thomas, on the other hand, really does seem to have drunk the MAGA Kool-Aid.

16 Likes

I agree about where their loyalty lies. It isn’t with Biff as an individual. The problem is that they’re all very likely to help give legal cover to the establishment of an effective one-party state in 2024, with that party being even more infused with fascism and white supremacism and Nat-Cism than it is now.

8 Likes

You’re absolutely right about that. I think that, from their perspective, having Trump and his cronies out of the way is going to be the easiest way to do that. It will be much easier for them to put DeSantis in office (a la Dubya in 2000) than to pick through the hackneyed and grammatically incorrect motions from Team Trump to justify putting him back in office.

9 Likes

No dissent… which just further exposes Thomas’ personal intervention to stay the lower court’s order as nothing more than a delay tactic. He’s clearly shown himself to not be objective when it comes to anything J6 related. Yet he somehow gets to keep stinking up his seat on the court.

13 Likes

Boo fucking hoo Lady G!
Sad Outer Space GIF by NASA

12 Likes

Not sure about the veracity of the claims, but I hear he’s a terrible tipper, too.

12 Likes

Moochers usually are. Plus he’s a Republican.

12 Likes

:musical_note: Let me tell ya 'bout Lindsay the Moocher,
Just a low-down ass-smoooochie-smoocher… :musical_note:

18 Likes

Graham is the lowest of the low, even more morally bankrupt than the MAGA cultists. He understands exactly what kind of danger Trump poses to the nation—even despises Trump personally—yet continues to enable and empower the orange bastard at every turn.

20 Likes

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

15 Likes

We need to start a pool on if & when Trump gets indicted after Election Day.

8 Likes

Is there any crime a justice could possibly commit that would convince 67 senators to remove him or her from office :thinking:

4 Likes

Maybe if he murdered one of the other conservative justices, but even then the GOP senators would probably only be on board if there was a Republican in the White House to appoint his successor.

9 Likes

Personally, I find the combination of “State’s rights primacy,” and “Jerrymandering is merely part of the political process” themes from the court very scary.

4 Likes