Clever license plate spells out DMV-banned dirty word in rear view mirror

9 Likes

It’s like that “assman” episode of Seinfeld, where they were all wondering at the meaning of the license plate.

2 Likes

In the UK, arsehole would weirdly require the Russian alphabet. I knew we had a special relationship.

3 Likes

Use a 7 for the lowercase ‘r’?

1 Like

I assumed it was a Bible verse. 3 John 2 reads as follows:

Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

Definitely not an asshole thing to say.

2 Likes

See also:

Keep in mind, this was not a vanity plate, but something the State of Florida randomly assigned to some guy.

1 Like

Pretty much ever since I bought my 1970 Cougar over 20 years ago, I’ve been wanting to get black plates for it. For a while there they didn’t make new black plates, but if you went to the trouble of procuring a matched pair of old ones (from eBay or a swap meet or similar), and your car was of the vintage to have originally received them when new ('63 to '69, I believe) they’d let you use them. My car, though a 1970 model, was first sold on December 22, 1969, so I really, really, really hoped I could talk the DMV into letting me use black plates, but no dice. If I wanted I could use the blue ones. Phooey.

So when they announced the new black plates last year, I was briefly excited. Until I saw the shitheel-mobiles that currently sport them here in L.A. You find them on black BMWs, black Cadillacs, back Mercedeses, and one or two black Priuses, plus pretty much every black late-model Challenger. Douchewagons all.

Fuck it. If I want to show off my legit highway cred by way of a license plate, I’ll go ahead and get the blue ones.

9 Likes

came here to post that in picture form

I’ll admit you’ve got the better of me with ESAD, though.

5 Likes

Yeah, I suppose mixed case insults are also effective.

1 Like

Are you a full time contrarian? Or just part time?

1 Like

7 Likes

It’s a sad day when this quote is not recognized.

3 Likes

I remember that you could buy books of “stupid calculator tricks” that resulted in various words when turned upside down. There weren’t that many words though, and I don’t remember anything other than “BOOBS”. Sigh…

1 Like

The list is pretty amazing. On the one hand, the level of ingenuity people will employ to get the word “penis” on their car is stunning. But on the other hand, loads of “banned words” look perfectly innocent to me, or even look like nonsense. Why did they ban “AAA0001”? Is there an anus lurking in there?

1 Like

If you want to screw someone with a vanity plate call the DMV and tell them you were offended. Some states with just flat out revoke w/o asking why.

7 Likes

My local DMV used to have an online license-plate-making tool that’d let you check your desired plate to see if it’d pass. I was very tempted to go ahead and get the DMV-approved plate NO PANTS.

14 Likes

Only approveable if you are an anthropomorphic talking animal…

4 Likes

Sadly, no. Also, I was living in Kentucky, and imagined locals at the gas station telling me I had a purty mouth.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I still can’t believe the dude in the Porsche Boxster with PUDENDA on his plate got it approved.

71077345 and 55378008 were ones I never forgot. The latter was the punchline of a lame middle-school calculator joke: “Dolly Parton’s bust size is 69 inches, and her waist is 22 inches, and she weighs 251 pounds. Multiply 6922251 times 8 weeks on a diet and she’s…”

There was also 1 girl, 16 years old, who did 69 with 3 guys (11669x3) and now she’s 35007.

Welcome back to 7th grade!

9 Likes