Here are some of the funniest applications for vanity license plates

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/01/here-are-some-of-the-funniest.html

1 Like

I dunno… BLUE ME sounds like a reasonable one, but it looks like the jokers at the DMV approve this one.

9 Likes

Acquaintance of mine requested and got “CPLSPLS” meaning, to him, C++. He got rid of it after repeated embarrassment because others interpreted it as a request for group sex (couples please).

7 Likes

OH man, I can just see EVERY TIME he comes out of the grocery store someone standing by his car to give him their info…

1 Like

How often do they reject truly innocuous plates just because somebody at the DMV has a dirty mind?

5 Likes

Well both the “BLUE ME” phrasing and the “A NU START” license plate are running gags from the least self-aware analyst/therapist in town.

10 Likes

I don’t get how 808B8D “looks similar to a text penis.” What am I missing?

(The “B8D” part does sound like a masturbation reference from Idiocracy, though.)

2 Likes

I simply repeat what I was told.

1 Like

The best vanity plates work the plate background into the message.

21 Likes

I live in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC and have been told about the E=MC2 plate, but I’ve never seen it.

1 Like

My favorites:

V1V2RT8

IIVI

One time I saw this (on an Acura NSX) and figured the guy was doing everyone a favor (i.e. avoid him like a sack of warm fecula)

2RCH4U
1 Like

But don’t miss out on the ones they approved. They’re not PRTY-PPRs all the time…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Some of the DMV’s interpretations are reaching.

A bunch of the no verdicts are just prudish.

A few are actually mildly offensive.

I doubt I would have been granted mine if anyone at the Texas DMV knew what it meant. Probably had a better chance of getting recognized and flagged for a no in California.

1 Like

32 Likes

How much sadder it would be if after years of having that plate no one ever did.

5 Likes

I’ve seen it in person. I’m a motorcycle commuter so I slip through a lot of stopped traffic, and see a lot of plates.

2 Likes

GETNBSY was okay but TUNAFSH was not?

Arbitrary bureaucrats are arbitrary.

6 Likes

I feel like Asswipe (um, it’s “Oz-Wee-Pay”) Johnson works for the Cali DMV.

2 Likes

Perhaps I’m uncommonly thick today, but I can’t parse the first two. Huh?

2 Likes