Here are some of the funniest applications for vanity license plates

V1V2RT8

IIVI

2 Likes

The first few were amusing, but then I got to “Customer’s name is Brant” and lost it.

Definitely get the sense that some of the applicants are being rewarded/punished for the quality of their explanation, depending on what mood the reviewers are in. I can just picture the look of long-suffering exhaustion on the face of whoever’s desk that “Saint Anne” one landed on.

2 Likes

Why have I got this song in my head?

I want that S8TAN plate. bad.

Every so often I keep checking for a vanity plate for my old 70s BMW R90/6, for any number of combinations of something Motorhead related, because I’m going to do a custom restore in honor. The bike was made the same month Motorhead was founded, but Ill never get the coveted LEMMY plate

1 Like

One stuck with me as I was gridlocked heading out of Long Beach CA:

GDDM 405

4 Likes

If the “GASPASR” nurse anesthetist is for real, the DMV is definitely doing them a favor.

On the other hand, the “TUNAFSH” being denied is just insane.
“I’m a tuna fisherman.”
“He is, we checked.”
“NO, FOR NO REASON”

1 Like

I thought it was because the car owner was tone deaf, and thus was unable to pursue a career as a piano tuner.

2 Likes

In my misspent youth I thought about what license plate number would be hardest for witnesses to read and remember. 808B8D seems pretty solid. Now my obsession has restarted, and I see that this one is supposedly available: (note use of letter O and number 0)

5 Likes

Be careful with that strategy:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.