Clinton campaign breaks silence, demands declassification of Russian election hack intel

Yuuup. The Republican b.s. about being against “special interests” and “lobbyists” and all about “America first” and Trump’s promises about ethics and lack of conflicts of interest hit the perfect storm of all those things in this case, with Trump’s financial interests allowing him to be easily manipulated by an ex-presidential-nominee lobbyist promoting the interests of a foreign government. I expect it’s just the first of many such cases…

3 Likes

Goes well with Tillerson getting recommended by Condi Rice, James Baker and Robert Gates, who just happened to have done consulting work for Exxon…

6 Likes

demands declassification
[…]
a push by some members of the Electoral College to receive an intelligence briefing

Wait… are they demanding declassification and publication of the intelligence, or are they demanding a CIA briefing for the electors only?

I’m always in favor of declassifying relevant stuff, but the a secret intelligent briefing for the electors before they make their decision? That is the point when the USA officially ceases to be a democratic country.
You might as well simply use a military coup to get rid of Trump.

1 Like

You think the plan is to give every one of the 538 voters a security clearance?

What are you going to do about it? Smirk all day?

1 Like

It was never supposed to be a democracy. It was supposed to be a Republic!

whatever that might be.

a form of government mixing elements of monarchy, aristocracy and democracy

3 Likes

I doubt there is a plan yet.

“Receiving an intelligence briefing” usually implies some sort of clearance (joining the 4+ million people who already have some sort of “security clearance” in the US); “declassifying intelligence” implies something else.

Both wordings are used in the article. So I asked.

I had originally written “no longer a democracy” and then changed the wording to “democratic country”. I was hoping that the people who adhere to that strange America-only way of using the terms “democracy” and “republic” would still agree that a “republic” is a “democratic form of government”.

1 Like

If the electors get a secret briefing that no one else gets, and they then select Trump, everyone in the country who voted against Trump will be entitled to scream “WHAT THE SWEET SUFFERING HOLY FUCK???”

If the electors get a secret briefing that no one else gets, and they then split and throw it to the House, everyone in the country who voted for Trump will be entitled to scream “WHAT THE SWEET SUFFERING HOLY FUCK???”

Inform every American about exactly what happened, or no one.

2 Likes

McConnell only announced his support for an “investigation”, not an actual investigation

that and…her campaign was a bit overconfident in their own model versus what people in states were warning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.