Clueless Georgia governor had no idea coronavirus could spread without symptoms "until the last 24 hours"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/02/clueless-georgia-governor-had.html

8 Likes

Your empty comment does kinda cover the “speechless” vibe, so there’s that. :woman_shrugging:t3:

29 Likes

In a sea of Stupid, this somehow manages to stand out. Why is he Governor, and not, say, a doorstop? Or something similarly suited to his capabilities?

30 Likes

They could have had Stacey leading them through this…

26 Likes

Just have to say that the ASL guy in the back is amazing.

I wish I could understand him, but it’s proabaly something along the lines of “And this dumbshit is throwing the other dumbshit under the bus…”.

28 Likes

asymptomatic is a big word!! LOL

16 Likes

I was wondering what David Letterman was doing there.

8 Likes

Well it’s not like the Center for Disease Control is less than ten miles away from the Governor’s Mans…wait I’m getting a call.

31 Likes

The clip cuts off before Kemp breaks the news that President Kennedy has been shot.

19 Likes

I feel like my head can only explode so many times this year, and I reached that quota about a month and a half ago.

19 Likes

He’s not dumb, he’s just a liar.

24 Likes

They could have had Stacey Abrams…

But people laughed at “backwards Georgia” while the Secretary of State oversaw his own election, shut down polling stations and purged the voter rolls. And despite all of that, he barely eked through.

In any even semi-fair election, they would have had Stacey Abrams.

42 Likes

Yaaaay, GA! WE’RE NUMBER 5!

…in infection stats! Also our Dept of Public Health has literally been changing the scale on their map daily, so we look fiiiine. THIS IS FINE.

18 Likes

f%cking infuriating.

On the other hand I have to hand it to David Letterman for losing 20lbs and learning sign language.

9 Likes

Sorry. I made a silly joke and then I realised it was just stupid.

15 Likes

whynotboth.gif

Two xkcd cartoons come to mind, they should be taken together for this application.

11 Likes

Of course he had no idea. He was constantly distracted by the Mocking Mime Wizard that follows him!
Seriously, just look at how vigorously the wizard waves his arms.

PD: Sure you will tell me it’s just a sign language interpreter, but I wont buy your Big Mime Wizard lies.

9 Likes

it’s one thing when it’s the idiot in your apartment complex

whole other level when it’s a governor

but of course trumpkins also believed this until maybe last week with desire for “churches packed at easter”

wonder what’s today’s “dear leader” press conference will feature, how many more ventilators we are going to get in three months when hundreds of thousands are dead because they never filled the stockpile?

11 Likes

of course he didn’t know - it’s so hard to hear when your head is so far up your ass

17 Likes