Another anti-mask Republican, Louie Gohmert, catches the virus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/29/another-anti-mask-republican.html

12 Likes

I’m amazed that this congenital moron didn’t catch it by going to a Covid ward and demanding that the patients cough into his mouth.

25 Likes

It’s all about owning the libs!

22 Likes

12 Likes

If the disease would just mutate to infect only assholes…

37 Likes

A better headline: “Another anti-mask Republican, Louie Gohmert, spreads the virus”

49 Likes

It’s pretty surprising that we haven’t seen an outbreak in Congress. These are not folks who, as a group, tend to think that rules apply to them quite as much as they apply to other folks, and that combined with the Senate being old as shit seems to be a ticking time bomb. Who knows, though. Life’s not fair, so it will probably pass by the McConnell’s of the world without a hiccup.

27 Likes

dumb

35 Likes

Yet another dumbass trumpian congresscritter providing the best leadership. Too bad people follow them blindly.

31 Likes

While I’m not in the habit of wishing suffering on others, it’s too bad he simply tested positive. I’d prefer he needed hospitalization, intubation, last rites, defibrillation, apparent recovery, sepsis, amputations, death and eternal damnation. But I haven’t put a lot of thought into it.

54 Likes

I like the cut of your jib!

7 Likes

They’re mostly protected by a “devil’s pact”. I’m sure of it.

10 Likes

We can still hope, after all one can test positive BEFORE being symptomatic. Don’t give up yet!

11 Likes

Could you provide more details? We could all use some cheering up these days.

8 Likes

My knee jerk reaction was similar, but I would stop short of wishing him death. A partial recovery with his colon permanently broken so he’s got permanent diarrhea and other awful permanent symptoms would be better.

13 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

In a state well known for its science-denyin’, truth-equivocatin’, bible-thumpin’, torture-approvin’ congressfolks, Gohmert is the absolute bottom of the barrel.

18 Likes

27 Likes

You hate to see it. Because these morons have been infecting those around them, including responsible mask wearers.

Oh, don’t worry - it turns out that even people without noticeable symptoms are turning out to have (possibly permanent) lung and heart damage.

16 Likes

So we can hope for lung damage…

14 Likes

Quit getting my hopes up and then disappointing me, 2020.

4 Likes