CNN hires former Jeff Sessions GOP operative as political editor

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/20/cnn-hires-former-jeff-sessions.html

She has no experience in the news business, but plenty in Trump business.

6 Likes

Sarah Isgur Flores?

Kiss CNN goodbye, and adios to that right wing loony Flores…

6 Likes

12 Likes

The importance of proofreading. This is what happens when your wanted ad says editor-in-thief.

11 Likes

I stopped watching CNN after they hired Lewandowski.

8 Likes

…aaaand that’s why I no longer watch television in general. (well, one of the reasons.)

4 Likes

Wait, was Sessions the one with the little girls, or the one with the Klan robes?

2 Likes

Why? I’d like to hear him comment on Dortmunds lead on Bayern.

2 Likes

6rZ8g8R

7 Likes

Ugh, if CNN is investing in attracting the “Sessions” crowd, that’s further evidence that while we may win the battle by taking down clownishly corrupt Trump, the war is expected to go on for a loooong time. Fucking profiteers.

8 Likes

How much does ABC News pay their chief political correspondent, George Stephanopolus, again?

2 Likes
5 Likes

Slanted news serves advertisers and owners, not viewers. That does not serve the general welfare of our society at large.

1 Like

OK her Twitter history ages so poorly that I’m amazed at some of the stories I missed, like Jeff Session proving he wasn’t racist by having a fake NAACP award in his office.

http://alnaacp.org/pressreleases/press_release_20170209_02.pdf

Now I understand why she also liked the article from the National Review saying that the media criticizing Kellyanne Conway for lying so much - which not only is most of her tweets from 2017, but the article was entirely focused on CNN’s reservations with having her on air if she was just going to lie all the time:

7 Likes

I stopped watching CNN just after it started. They had OODLES of time to do in-depth news stories, but what did they do? Repeated crap over and over and (etc) and then added glitzy graphics to try and cover up the fact that they really weren’t doing much of anything at all. It’s like watching weather on the 1’s (or whenever) 24 hrs a day, interspersed with commercials.

3 Likes

From, to quote @xeni’s characterization, “the best take I’ve read so far”:

Of course, as many have pointed out, there has long been a revolving door between politics and the news media. William Safire went from Richard Nixon aide to New York Times columnist. George Stephanopoulos, once a strategist and spokesman for Bill Clinton, is the host of “This Week,” ABC’s Sunday morning news show. And CBS last year named former Republican operative Caitlin Conant to the powerful role of political director.
That doesn’t make it right.

4 Likes

I’m gonna blame ABC for this. Back in the day, the networks considered the news to be a public service and not a source of revenue; a loss leader, really. Then ABC hit the airwaves, the Fox network of its day, insofar as it had a lot of catching up to do. They glitzed up the news and unfortunately, it worked.

1 Like

MSNBC did this similar thing by hiring Nicole Wallace who is just itching for the democrat candidate to be nominated so she can start criticizing them

people never notice this because it’s really subtle but I want to point out how the press/media purposely tries to “kick out the legs” from the table to see what will fall/burn/suffer in society so they can rush over to cover it

they did it with clintons emails

they are doing it by immediately highlighting every past fault of every democrat candidate (you think they are ever going to shutup about Warren and cover her policies instead? nope)

they are doing it again by trying to put a spotlight on every remaining “adult in the room” in the trump nightmare administration to turn the dumpster fire into a raging wildfire and cover the country burning

(Dan Coats is now the new target)

it’s not prearranged or organized, but once some of them start to notice others picking up on a way to trigger some damage, they all gang up

1 Like
3 Likes