CNN kicks Cuomo to the curb

Yes, they really did fire him over twitter.

11 Likes

“Anyone who works at CNN raise your hand. Not so fast, Chris Cuomo”

11 Likes

Coumo no mo’

14 Likes

This is the second No Mo’ Cuomo of the year

9 Likes

I’m just gratified that neither Democratic party leadership nor rank-and-file progressives seem remotely interested in defending either of the Cuomo brothers’ actions.

15 Likes

I am glad to see this but I think there needs to be a lot more changes at CNN as a result of this. CNN carried Andrew Cuomo’s water and literally was behind a lot of bad behavior against the victims that now turns out to be directed by Chris Cuomo. I expect more than just “there we go, got rid of the bad actor” on this.

8 Likes

And proceedings for criminal action against Cuomo will proceed … when again?

7 Likes

I haven’t been following what Chris Cuomo actually did, but for CNN to fire the anchor of their top rated show, it must have been really bad. It’s a shame - I generally liked Cuomo Prime Time and his nightly love fest with Don Lemon but I won’t be losing any sleep over this.

Pains me to say it, but basically what FoxNews and crews were alledging he was doing back when Andrew Cuomo was under investigation and resigning. Turns out a number of CNN leakers went to Fox with info about it. Much of it seemingly got ignored because “we don’t listen to FoxNews allegations.”

But, basically, he used his media sources and resources at CNN to investigate information on the accusers of his brother, forwarded records and information from confidential interviews to his brother’s team, and gave information that was used to harass and dox his brother’s many, many victims.

6 Likes

Yup, that’s pretty bad.

3 Likes
7 Likes

“ sexual misconduct allegation led to the firing of CNN primetime anchor Chris Cuomo, attorney Debra Katz said Sunday.

Katz said her client, whom she declined to name, came forward after Cuomo made comments on-air relating to caring about sexual harassment issues and following the revelation that he helped his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, respond to sexual harassment allegations.

“Hearing the hypocrisy of Chris Cuomo’s on-air words and disgusted by his efforts to try to discredit these women, my client retained counsel to report his serious sexual misconduct against her to CNN,” Katz said in a statement.

She reported the allegations to CNN, she said, and offered to provide “documentary evidence” of her allegations.

“My client came forward at this time because she felt in sharing her story and related documentation, she could help protect other women,” Katz said.”

4 Likes

Which, tbf, is the right approach and those people should have gone somewhere else.

2 Likes

They also went to a multiple other newspapers and outlets, but the only ones that gave them attention were the right leaning ones, because of fear of reprisal.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.