CNN thinks comedy dildo flag at London Gay Pride is "ISIS FLAG"

know them by their limping, @p96, know them by their limping.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t they? I certainly find them inspiring!

3 Likes

I think she made it worse by denying it. If she’d admitted her little mistake she could have been excused. But she completely denied the verifiable fact that she reported on it. The mob hates blatant hypocrisy.

14 Likes

Oh, definitely based on; just not all that similar looking. In a slap to the face of bondage enthusiasts everywhere, the Arabic has way more typographic ligatures than the sex toy script does.

1 Like

I have to say though, mock ISIS flag is kinda in poor taste. I mean, sure, it says “ISIS, what a bunch of dicks” but in the context of a gay parade, isn’t that a good thing?

even the ISIS flag is a dildo if you’re brave enough

4 Likes

My guess is someone didn’t look very closely at it, just a saw the general color and shape and jumped to a conclusion. Not necessarily “dumb as planks”, just lazy and sensationalistic. . . something the news media has gotten very good at.

Still, it’s pretty funny that CNN is showing dildo images on TV, it would be even better if Fox News ran with it and had Hannity discussing the “ISIS flag seen in London” while constantly showing video of it. “The homosexual/Muslim alliance that threatens to destroy Christianity!”

7 Likes

Ha ha ha…

ironic humour … what’s that all about???

5 Likes

If those normal-looking sex toys had them alarmed about ISIS, pics of my Bad Dragon collection would probably get them planning for invasion from Zeta Reticuli.

5 Likes

I was just considering making a trip to a sex store yet I wouldn’t have said that looked like dildo until I read it here. So I am not surprised the fox crowd is prone to see things to shoot at rather than wonderful things to have sex play with. But denying their fearful outrage only makes it stronger.

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

8 Likes

Pfft. Fox News could do better than that. With one word, Fox could strike primal fear into the hearts of Republicans:

Gaynado.

Imagine the trailer for Sharknado, but with gays dropped on a Republican convention. Make Sarah Palin one of the heroes, and it can be a sequel to Sharknado AND Iron Sky AND most every recent Republican campaign speech!

1 Like

PR 101 Own your mistake and made a sincere apology.

I feel for her. All humans make mistakes. Unfortunately, she doubled-down on one witnessed across the internet.

3 Likes

“CNN thinks comedy dildo flag at London Gay Pride is ‘ISIS FLAG’”

23 Likes

cnn is a bunch of dildos.

Touche.

4 Likes

From a distance and with out staring at it, it does look like an ISIS flag.

Which - uh - doesn’t really fit with a gay rally? Not sure what they are trying to do with that. Spark outrage through mockery? If so, that is one thing they can have in common with the right wing nuts.

1 Like

You need some pretty rudimentary Arabic skills (if at all) to pick up on the dildos. It’s clearly a mock-ISIS flag.

But let’s do what CNN didn’t and just, as an exercise, put on our Critical Thinking Caps and see what kinds of things we realize about CNN as a news organization.

CNN is apparently unaware that ISIS kills suspected gay men by hurling them off of buildings.

CNN also seems unaware that gay people pretty much everywhere have zero interest in ISIS as being remotely sympathetic to their agenda.

CNN then failed to put two and two together to reach the conclusion that:

Then the CNN reporter, passing by this strange sight failed to ask nearby protesters (fine, she might be scared of the guy she thinks is from ISIS) what they think is going on.

Finally, CNN failed to take the picture and show it to someone who might be able to see the dildos and give some kind of confirmation. It doesn’t have to be an expert, just someone who reads Arabic would have sufficed. So CNN failed at basic journalism not once, not twice, but in at least four separate decision points before they rushed the story to air. In the process either confirming some weird Islamist-Homosexual plot, or at very least inspiring fear where none is justified. Good job, CNN.

28 Likes

Where can I get this font?

11 Likes

who wouldn’t take inspiration from a collection of sex toys?

2 Likes