CNN thinks comedy dildo flag at London Gay Pride is "ISIS FLAG"

sigh

It’s obvious someone who looks just like her did the reporting – her dildoganger.

4 Likes

what, the dildo typeface, or the Arabic equivalent of Comic Sans?

1 Like

Blazonry is full of innuendo as it is:

Gules and Sable parted, Rampant Bear erect sinister, Ringed Mail dexter, with Articulated Lances rising.

Other heraldic terms:

Beaver Chin-piece
Bishop’s Mantle
Bycocket
Arm couped bendwise
Codpiece
Field of Royal Prerogative
Gorged
Harpy
Impale
Jack

http://home.olemiss.edu/~tjray/medieval/chivarlic.htm

7 Likes

In my Twitter stream:

Oh my god, wait pic.twitter.com/nqZGfJGY0P

— Sarah N. Emerson (@SarahNEmerson) June 27, 2015

22 Likes

But which one is based on which?

2 Likes

I think you’ll find a dildo is a dopelbanger.

5 Likes

I hear that is your guess. You missed one obvious fact.

at least two other news professionals were right on it with her, the one on TV and the one they refer to.

Assume also they have a director or who also failed to notice that they were collectively being Dumb As Planks…

2 Likes

Well, that depends on whether it’s double-ended, surely?

4 Likes

I liked how the “expert” said it wasn’t arabic and appeared to be gobbledygook.

Some people have entire nightstand drawers dedicated to gobbledygook apparently.

7 Likes

Nightstand drawers are for holy/holey things.

Gideon, or Giddayup. Yahoo!

5 Likes

I wonder if the expert was clueless, or didn’t really want to try to find a polite way of saying “You dumb bastards, it’s a veritable bounty of butt plugs!” on national television?

I know that I’ve resorted to the “Oh, I guess those ducks are fighting.” ‘ignorace’ at ye local duck pond and small children feeding them area; deeming it preferable to a short introduction to the true horrors of how these particular birds approach the birds and the bees. (Plus, can you even use the phrase ‘copious savage duckrape’ or ‘Cthulhoid horror-phallus’ in the company of impressionable youngsters without ending up in court with angry helicopter parents?)

4 Likes

That’s going to be the name of my next punk band. Don’t expect royalties or credit.

6 Likes

Soooooo many band names in that last paragraph.

(ETA: piss. Too slow. /shakes fist at @LDoBe)

1 Like

Happy to be of service; probably for the best not to be publicly associated with that anyway.

(Edit: if we are talking band names, ‘Homosexual Necrophilia in the Mallard’ is probably worth a mention; I’m thinking it’d be good for a navel-gazing-post-punk; but with Issues type act. Plus, that paper is pure genius.)

Especially since “Copious Savage Duckrape” is going to be busy taking over Dying Fetus’ status as a go-to for over-the-top offensive grindcore metal; and we won’t have time for you punks.

2 Likes

Neither of those is close to the top of the list of offensive grind band names, especially if you include goregrind, the gamergate of grindcore.

1 Like

It fits, ISIS, being against pretty much everything at least according to all accounts including their own, is being mocked by that flag, which is fair play in our culture.

Too bad ISIS probably doesn’t allow a sense of humour, they won’t be able to mock back very effectively.

edit- Thinking about it, ISIS could mock back pretty effectively (for their purposes anyway), thanks to CNN. They could say “Look, CNN is so stupid they thought that was our flag when it was just a product of their own sick etc etc” It’ll only play to their own base, but why would they care about that?

To be honest she made more than one mistake and they were quite stupid.
And then to compound those mistakes, she goes on twiter and lies about it.

1 Like

Is there a screencap of the tweet she was replying to when she tweete “I never reported that.” or whatever she said?

I ask b/c I couldn’t see it, the account she was responding to no longer exists, I couldn’t find a screencap if one exists.

Could be talented trolling.

As in:

"Hey Stupid Reporter! I was carrying that flag and YOU reported I was wearing a PINK BOA when I wasn’t!! #VerAngry

Reply with:

“I never reported that”

edit- Retweet the shit outta that shit, and then:

Respond with: Delete account.

And bam, she’s double-dipped

2 Likes

I think someone just pulled it out of their ass.

14 Likes

Gobbledygook IS a great name for dildos.

1 Like