CNN's Jake Tapper cuts off Trump aide for not answering questions

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/14/cnns-jake-tapper-cuts-off-tr.html

8 Likes

The media is finally holding them to account! And not 4 years worth of moments to soon!

46 Likes

More of this.

To hijack the tasteless Trump 2020 signs in my neighborhood-

No More Bullshit

Cut these assholes off. If you cant answer direct questions you don’t deserve airtime to spread propaganda.

29 Likes

The problem is that for many the response of, “No, you are the ones who are the ones who have done the lying!” is potent. Mostly because there are people who worship at the alter of another “news” network but also because CNN ain’t itself without fault.

4 Likes

For all the folks kvetching about how Idiocracy is a documentary, and that Handmaid’s Tale was never meant to be an instruction manual, etc., I am reminded here by Navarro’s performance that this one trailblazing prescient book a while back clearly has become apparently truer by the day.

… this was also never meant as a playbook…

ETA: adjective
ETA: fkn grammar

22 Likes

This reminds me as debate season ramps up, I would LOVE to watch a debate where not only are people timed, but ONLY ONE mic is on at a time. No talking over or interruptions even possible. The mod could over-ride mic assignment. Maybe some people enjoy that kind of debate tactic, but it stresses me out and I can’t watch it.

TV shows could do this as well super easily.

14 Likes

I’d like to take your idea even further: if the spox or candidate hasn’t actually answered the question asked within 60 seconds, the gom jabbar podium will give them a nice big friendly jab.

19 Likes

Is your heart healthy enough for you to dissemble? We’d hate if one of our Encouragement ZapsTM put an obvious liar into cardiac fibrillation.

8 Likes

Navarro is considered a sick joke within his discipline (economics, which gives you an idea of what a sick joke he is as a person).

17 Likes

Pass it on!

8 Likes

You and I look at Navarro and we think, “What a transparently mendacious scumbag.”

But there are millions of people who only get their news from Fox or Facebook, and this crowd looks at Navarro and thinks, “What a brave hero being attacked by the lying media.”

Whenever I examine this culture, I find a terrifying alternate reality that would send us all over the nearest cliff with total self-confidence.

9 Likes

Jab? No, too violent.

Pie to the face? Sure. Who doesn’t like a bit of physical comedy now and again?

3 Likes

Only as long as a Bene Gesserit, devoid of any humor, administers the shock. Just seeing her on stage would be worth the price of admission.

3 Likes

Especially if they are wearing the SciFi series outfits.

4 Likes

But it does need to be an actual gom jabbar. I mean, fair’s fair.

3 Likes

About time, too.

4 Likes

That was a good one (Your not answering the question…) but not as good as (Meanwhile back in the real world…) Brian Williams on MSNBC started using on “The 11th Hour with Brian Williams” after just about every Trump Administration press briefing/conference and Trump rally.

1 Like

He has the worst theme music on teevee.

2 Likes

OT: I’m at work when he’s on. I watch him on YouTube. I’ll check it out though.

BOT: Who was that elderly congress critter with the Southern drawl who kept saying “The thing I don’t like about these gotcha books…” I think the entire interview consisted of Question from host, repeat phrase. Did he ever finish the interview? That man knew how to stick with a script!

1 Like