CNN's Jake Tapper tries to read Fox's settlement statement with straight face, but hilarity ensues (video)

Originally published at: CNN's Jake Tapper tries to read Fox's settlement statement with straight face, but hilarity ensues (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

This was probably the inevitable outcome and I’m sure Dominion was more concerned with their reputation than they were forcing Fox to publicly flog themselves, but damn, I’m am disappointed it ended in settlement.

32 Likes

Right?

Yuck it up, corporate millionaire newsreader dickhead. We know that you too are rich enough to think you don’t need to care about threats to democracy. :angry:

10 Likes

I’d like to know the terms of the settlement. Hopefully Fox will have to repeatedly broadcast their admission that they repeatedly lied about Dominion’s machines skewing the election.
I’ll bet Dominion’s share price took a bump after the announcement.

11 Likes

Apparently, and sadly, that’s not the case. However, it’s not over yet. Smartmatic’s lawsuit is still sitting out there. That one could cost them even more money that the Dominion settlement. I’m sure that one will be settled as well, but at least it’s costing them a shitload of money to lie.

18 Likes

So far we know that Fox has made a statement acknowledging that the court felt they were lying liars, and that on air personalities will not be required to run pieces or personally otherwise mention that they were lying liars. Or even that the court said they were lying liars. All that seems required was the one statement Fox has made and the $787.5 million.

5 Likes

I really did hope to see that evidence come out in trial. But I hope this opens the floodgates for more lawsuits at least.

9 Likes

No retraction from the big talkers.

10 Likes

Aren’t they also suing Pillowman separately? I doubt he’s got the cash to settle anything, so more hilarity may ensue.

11 Likes

And Rudy. And OANN. And NewsMax. And now they have a lot more money to pay for lawyering.

12 Likes

Try to read this without spitting out your morning coffee.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 05-31-49 Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 on Twitter

8 Likes

They were always going to settle, but the big cost was in keeping Rupe from the stand.

Which you do love to see. Rupe’s a liability.

Say that again: Rupe is now a liability for Fox.

7 Likes

Why, because he told the truth in a deposition? You think Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity would have lied under oath? Note that another lawsuit against Fox is from a producer who didn’t tell the truth in a deposition and she’s claiming she was told to lie. In other words, the big guys threw the peons under the bus and then told the truth to cover their own asses.

4 Likes

That would imply surprise. I don’t think Empty Greene could say anything so stupid that I would be surprised anymore.

shhh. Don’t challenge her.

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn’t belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Even my 7yr old can play the classification game better than EmptyG. From the Cultural Influence section of wikipedia’s entry:

The song has been invoked to recommend comparison or classification as a method of thinking about a situation or problem.[13] This has been used in fields as diverse as public communications,[14] automobile repair,[15] philosophy,[16] healthcare,[17] and anti-terrorism planning.[18]

Hmm…based on the last item in that list, perhaps it IS a relevant response to Empty.

1 Like

He’s greedy, manipulative, misogynistic, racist, homophobic, transphobic, probably very intelligent, and greedy (yes, I said it twice). He is not crazy. Any he’s certainly not crazy for telling the truth at a deposition.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.