Coca-Cola is launching its first alcoholic beverage

Captain Morgans? Yuck! Baccardi Black, please.

2 Likes

Thanks for this weekend’s theme music! It’s not Spring here yet but, the sun finally came out. :sun_with_face:

A brave move for a brand that started as a cocaine supplement! (technically coca leaf, but still).

And @LDoBe – there’s a bar near me that features their own custom-made alcohol vaporizer (along with amazing cocktails). I’ve done “shots” of inhaled mescal as well as a vaporized Manhattan, and they used to have a tiki drink that came sealed with a sugar crust that you’d break, inhale spiced rum, then drink the cocktail. It was fascinating but I’d much rather drink my alcohol than huff it.

Zima is still produced. I saw it in someone’s refrigerator recently. I was aghast. The homewner tried to say that “someone had left it there.”

2 Likes

Wasn’t it briefly brought back to remind people of how dumb the 90s were?

There are parts of New Zealand where rum and cola premixed in a can is more popular than beer. That is obviously on their radar. I suppose they didn’t want to start in a western country and wanted to learn some lessons beforehand. Just like the recent story about actors doing commercials in Japan so as not to dilute their western brand.

2 Likes

People still drink Zima in Japan.

1 Like

They are living it up like it’s 1998!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.