Cocaine disguised to look like cake gets couple busted in Maine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/07/24/cocaine-disguised-to-look-like-cake-gets-couple-busted-in-maine.html

2 Likes

It wasn’t me.
I only do homemade cocaine cakes, none of that store bought stuff.

19 Likes

So… almost as unhealthy as real cake?

14 Likes

They gave themselves a stomach-a-cake.

6 Likes

the key thing for me here is that “Anonymous Tipster”.

yeah, they are anonymous to ME… but im pretty darn sure that the people involved know who this person is.

The list of people who could have sold them out has to be pretty short. Its not like they told everyone they know that they were driving to maine with a cake make of coke, or made a facebook post, right?

edit: also its pretty horrible on the part of the police to out that “anonymous” tipster. Way to put someones life at risk?

7 Likes

Anonymous tipster could also = parallel construction. They were just as likely to have fallen foul of investigative techniques that weren’t admissible.

16 Likes

In any event, I don’t know how cops think it makes them look good to post stories like this. “If you do crime, you will get caught, as long as you catch yourself for us”.

2 Likes

Though I suppose, if you have cop brain, it does validate your paranoia that everything around you is secretly crime in disguise

1 Like

They were caught this time. I wonder how many times this has worked for them and others.

4 Likes

kirsten dunst cake GIF

4 Likes

The cocaine in Maine is found mainly in the food chain.

20 Likes

that does happen to be the case more often than not

3 Likes

if only they had made a cocaine whoopie-pie, they would have remained above suspicion

2 Likes

And the original cake was a kilo - very convenient.

1 Like

11 Likes

Little Debbie had better watch her back.

10 Likes

Early 80s Stephen King doesn’t likes this.

2 Likes

9 Likes

If you think that a small amount of coffee grounds are going to mislead a drug sniffing dog, you have no understanding of the sensitivity of a dog’s nose.

“Hey, who spilled some coffee on this shit ton of cocaine?” - the sniffing dog

9 Likes

Anonymous tipster = total access to their electronic communications?

4 Likes