Cockatoo solves puzzle box, no BBS discussion

I still love you and your posts, Mark. And I am sure that others do as well. Please don’t be a stranger!

10 Likes

Okay I don’t need to post his tweet about that then. Not sure what is up with it, but I now have 2 Nice Reply badges with nothing listed under them.

6 Likes

Well that is… a concern. I can see it for the political topics, which are always challenging, but for the other random BB topics?

8 Likes

That’s really not cool and to just doesn’t make any sense to me.

If Mark didn’t want to be involved on the BBS, then that’s cool. Most of the BB staff aren’t active here. I’ve very rarely ever seen him respond to anything. That’s fine. BBS participation isn’t mandatory.

Why prevent the rest of us from discussing his posts on here? The BBS is somewhere I consider a “safe place”; Twitter most definitely is not a safe place.

10 Likes

Not just Mark’s:

She probably just doesn’t have a BBS account - those comment threads never work.

1 Like

That is a different author, may not be in the authors / editors group here.

4 Likes

It’s a shame the integration here isn’t better. The BBS is my front end to Boing Boing so I can’t imagine how many posts I’m missing. :frowning:

10 Likes

Anybody ever seen Frauenfelder and Cowicide in the same room?

18 Likes

Too bad…there’s something wrong in the post(*), how can we survive if it goes uncorrected???

(* It says that Clinton was born 5 miles from Wrigley Field, in fact it was more like 2.8 miles.)

6 Likes

Maybe mark is disappointed with bbs?

Should we all change our avatars?

#That was a joke.

9 Likes

I’ve decided comments on my posts are better when they aren’t on Boing Boing.
-Mark Frauenfelder (Frauenfelder)

The fuck? Wasn’t that the point of creating the BBs in the first place? If Mark truly feels that he wants to distance himself from the BBs then maybe now’s the time that some longtime BBs community members should become leads, so that BBs can become officially community run.

7 Likes

So…is there a BBS policy against starting topics and linking them to articles that don’t have their own discussion?

6 Likes

email help@boingboing.net for stuff like that.

1 Like

Well that is sad. :sob: The comments and BBS community are what make BoingBoing, if it weren’t for the discussions and folks here this would just be another generic digg clone and stack social product placement feed.

Wait, he still uses Twitter?!?! At least with the BBS there is community and some level of decency and thoughts and continuity to the comments, something that could never be achieved in 140 character shout at discussions.

I sure hope not, because that is our only discourse recourse to discuss anything of interest.

I hope he changes his mind and realizes the value in the BB community.

11 Likes

What am I supposed to do now? Send him silly photoshops via snail-mail?

12 Likes

I can’t agree more. The fact that a founder feels this way is truly disheartening.

If it weren’t for the community this would just be another site in my RSS reader that I only casually read.

@frauenfelder I’m sure you won’t see this, but I beg you to reconsider your stance here. Don’t punish the community as a whole just because you don’t see the value in participating.

12 Likes

We could all just add “I’ve decided comments on my posts are better when they aren’t on Boing Boing” as tag lines to our posts.

2 Likes

I highly recommend not doing that.

I do wonder if BBS could somehow contribute more to the financial success of BB. We turned on Amazon affiliate auto-linking about a month ago. Perhaps some low-impact banner ads might be similarly helpful in aligning the growth of BBS with the future of BB?

7 Likes

Uh oh. I saw that word “financial”! I acknowledge the fun is zero cost for users.

Maybe we could contribute to a gambling fund betting on BB issues like … who will be Prez USA.

3 Likes