Coffee cups made from coffee grounds

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/30/kaffeeform.html

3 Likes

Circle of life.

9 Likes

The question here, as in all cases “green” solutions, is “Does this product’s fabrication pollute more than the equivalent non-green solution?” Which usually boils down to energy used or carbon footprint.

25 Likes

Coffee?

gross

Grounds of Earl Grey coupled with the scent of bergamon for me, please.

13 Likes

I see so much potential here…

Furniture made from the ground-up bones of your deceased loved ones, for instance.

12 Likes

Coffee grounds cups to hold your coffee… Is that kosher?

8 Likes

Close:

6 Likes

I guess it all comes down to a matter of who is supporting who after their death, right?

3 Likes

The equivalent solution is to compost the coffee grounds and use infinitely-reusable ceramic cups. Since that actually is the green solution, I’m going with “Yes”.

This is like “recycling” potato peels embedded in resin to make lawn flamingos.

19 Likes

Even better, a coffee shop that measures out coffee into your own mug you brought with you, or hang on a hook behind the bar.

At least for the regulars.

7 Likes

Reminds me of Pykrete

11 Likes

I’ve never had a coffee shop object to pouring my coffee into a travel mug when I’m taking it to go. I should try bringing my own ceramic mug to drink on site.

7 Likes

I would, if I liked coffee.

I wish more places had spiced tea/cider. The kind with the cloves you get out of the mix bins at the food stores.

6 Likes

I like the coffee in resin in concept but dislike the style of the products, would also like to see some variation in the color. Also the plates seem to have raised text on it, which i find offensive. Put that shit on the bottom of the plate mate.

3 Likes

I have better plans for my remains;

http://www.lifegem.com/

2 Likes

Here’s mine

9 Likes

They actually built a prototype warship out of Pykrete during WW2, but the project was abandoned when, before the maiden voyage, the captain got cold feet.

14 Likes

2 Likes

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to discuss them further over a 100% sustainable-chain hot beverage.

10 Likes

Cheetos Flamin’ Hot Gos

4 Likes