Coffee cups made from coffee grounds

7 Likes

even greener would be for everyone to stop constantly drinking coffee :smiley:

1 Like

and we think we have endless wars now?? :wink:

10 Likes

DaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaad.

3 Likes

Yeah, seems to me you’re drinking out of cast resin that happens to also have coffee grounds suspended in it. There are a lot better uses for the grounds, compost for example.

In the USA nobody really needs to buy a coffee mug-- they are everywhere, I’ve seen thrift stores throwing them out because they don’t have enough room on the shelf for all the coffee mugs they get.

4 Likes

For your safety i think you’ll want me to have my coffee

7 Likes

Also I’m always highly skeptical about ‘green’ solutions using resin. Most (synthetic)resins are rather toxic. And I suspect rather toxic to manufacture.

But I’m no resin expert, so I’d be glad to be proven wrong there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are epoxy resins that are certified as food-safe and allowed for contact with drinking water. I use such resin for manufacturing coffee tables, and while it would be probably safe to manufacture cups that are in contact with cold beverages, it would be useless for hot tea or coffee. Of course resin cup that’s not reusable is a massive waste of resources.

1 Like

If we were friends in real life, the term “you’re such a corksleeve” would slowly, reliably come to replace all other playful insults in our small, but dedicated group of witty friends.

4 Likes

Bem-vindo ao boingboing, camarada

3 Likes

You want a zombie apocalypse? Because that is how you get a zombie apocalypse.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.