Coffee shop ambient sound, for those staying at home who miss it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/08/coffee-shop-ambience-for-thos.html

1 Like

This made me happy and sad at the same time.

4 Likes

If you were jonesing for a boozy jazz club just toss on Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the Diner. Intro to Eggs and Sausage is a good one to set the mood.

4 Likes

for that office work experience, just put this on loop

4 Likes

In the past, I just put on Coffeetivity, Rainymood, and a Spotify jazz playlist. Very tune-able to just the right ambience.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s old footage and not the new ambient sounds we keep reading about. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

It would be really cool if at like 6 hours in there was a big car crash outside with fire and ambulance arriving, and after another hour or so back to normal.

try Noiz.io! It has volume bars for dozens of social (cafe, traffic, campfire) and natural (birds, rain, wind) effects, even a Starship Enterprise style “engine hum”.

1 Like

I already have my happy place…

What I’d really like is the sound of my favorite local coffee shop where the barista owner knows everybody who comes in, whether she’s seen you before or not, and who has the most wonderfully eclectic music tastes. I never know whether she’s gonna be playing The Cure or Blind Willie Johnson.

Or rather knew. Hopefully sometime I’ll go back, but for now I’ll support the place from a distance.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.