Colbert gives the reason why Trump won't stop talking about his crimes

The real dirtbag right wingers have kind of gone beyond parody at this point. The Onion is having similar problems imho.
That and frankly their antics kinda stopped being funny to me when the whole baby cages thing happened. Trying to justify that ish even in jest would be a hard lift for anyone, and Colbert seems like an actually compassionate person. I can see why he wouldn’t want to spend his time doing that.

2 Likes

I can see that. I’m sure that he’s glad to be done with it now that we’re in The Worst Timeline - having to defend the orange shitgibbon (even in parody) would have been obscene to him.

2 Likes

One of the classic blunders…

Your perception of it may be colored by the fact that The Onion isn’t The Onion
anymore.

In January 2016, CEO Mike McAvoy announced that Univision Communications had purchased a 40% stake in Onion, Inc. “As an independent media company, we’ve always been forced to run a tight financial ship, which has made us smart and lean, but not always ready to invest in the great new ideas that we come up with,” Mr. McAvoy said in a memo to staff. “I’m excited to see what we can do with Univision behind us.”[137][138] This brings The Onion into the Fusion Media Group arm of Univision, the same media family as the Gizmodo collection of sites (Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, etc.), which also has led to a consolidated media management platform and aligned content presentation styles with these sister sites.[ citation needed ]

1 Like

Well, that’s good? To know there’s at least one terrible thing I can’t blame on trump.

2 Likes

I remember when we used to call Blockbuster Video by the name, Lackluster Video. Seems the same thing has happened to The Onion.

1 Like

Sprite butt-emoji cheese puff. Got it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.