Colbert gives the reason why Trump won't stop talking about his crimes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/04/colbert-gives-the-reason-why-t.html

9 Likes

Normalize this:

23 Likes

17 Likes

My advice to Trump: Keep up with that strategy! Let it all hang out in the open please.

29 Likes

Yet he proves his innocence by threatening to kill his accuser.

25 Likes

To the MAGAists… yes.

1 Like

488cfa5ce8272921014216dc9b272db6071be93b_1_500x500

33 Likes

Except Biden publicly admitted to getting Viktor Shokin fired, you can’t have it both ways Donnie.

20 Likes

In the memo Trump says Biden “bragged” about it.

But hell, we have Pence saying that when you are VP you have to be above even the appearance of impropriety, talking about Biden, not about themself. And then you have people criticizing Biden because Hunter Biden profited off Biden’s name when Biden was VP without a hint of irony around the situation with Eric, Don Jr. and Ivanka.

They are not concerned one bit about hypocrisy, it is irrelevant to their calculus.

20 Likes

Thinking about Trump is depressing so the only part of that clip I let sink in was Colbert saying “golf cart parade” and Jon Batiste, being the New Orleans boy he is, responding “everybody second line.” For the rest of the day I’ll be picturing hundreds of 80 year olds second lining under their golf umbrellas down the fareway, because unlike Trump being president that should happen

7 Likes

Why is Colbert not nearly as amusing now as he was on The Colbert Report? I really miss that Stephen Colbert.

4 Likes

I think he had to tone it down for a larger audience. It doesn’t make me super happy, but at least many more people get to be entertained and educated by him.

6 Likes
5 Likes

From what I read at the time, I think the “Colbert Report” persona was also slowly killing his soul and he felt he had to stop. But that might have just been his PR take on it.

14 Likes

“Drumpf knows if something’s bad, you don’t admit it in public,” he said. “So, if he admits it in public it must not be bad. He’s trying to normalize it.”

Colbert’s joking, but he’s right on about this childish “logic”. More evidence that Biff’s development was arrested somewhere around age 11.

The material on The Villages is comedy gold, too.

14 Likes

As recorded from the tee on his boss’ private golf course.

4 Likes

There was that thing with Viacom a few years ago, but at the time he didn’t seem to be taking it very seriously. Perhaps behind the scenes the matter was given deeper consideration.

I miss the days of Stewart. Certainly, it was a sad state of affairs that it came to be that way, but back then it felt like Stewart was truly a force to be reckoned with. Then again, I doubt he could withstand this storm and be mentally unscathed.

4 Likes

Ok. I’ll just defund and empty out your agency, so that it no longer has a quorum for voting. IOW, you have been ignored.

Desensitization. He is using the old Lidocaine strategy.

1 Like