Colbert spoofs the Rand Paul/Richard Marx feud

Originally published at: Colbert spoofs the Rand Paul/Richard Marx feud | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

16 Likes

Maybe this is just me, but I might miss the A Late Show format when they go back to having a full studio audience… at least a little bit.

17 Likes

Same!

8 Likes

So Richard Marx is responsible for a piece of mail, but trump is not responsible for 1/6? What the f’ing F.

I don’t see a way out of this any time soon.

14 Likes

They needed to get an impersonator?
Pretty sure they could just call Richard Marx and he’d do it!

6 Likes

I seriously thought that was him. Spot on.

4 Likes

very much agree… I’ve really enjoyed watching some of these hosts develop comically without the ‘live’ audience feedback. Especially the intimacy of Colbert’s family crew. The awkward moments at the beginning gave way to something I personally warm to a little more. Was interesting to see the transition play out.

4 Likes
4 Likes

It is him in the images. The singer doesn’t sound incredibly like him to me, except of course he’s singing a RM tune.

3 Likes

I’ve taken to blaming Richard Marx for everything that goes wrong in my life, so for once I’m in agreement with Rand Paul on something.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain it’s actually him?

3 Likes

The YouTube page with the musical number credits Louis Cato for the singing… but it’s a very good imitation. I wasn’t quite sure when I listened to it, and younger me really liked Marx’s music.

6 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

That’s the video in the post, but I think this one is actually him?

About 9 minutes in…

7 Likes

Yup, you’ve got it right! :grin:

6 Likes

Okay… I think the confusion is cleared up now…

6 Likes

It’s good, but to my ear, there’s a touch of R&B to it, which isn’t in Marx’s original work. (No idea how he sings these days.)

3 Likes

I think it was Mr. Caito in the beginning lyric’s spoof, but Richard Marx in the video part with Stephen Colbert. Can’t imagine an impersonator hawking Richardmarx dot com and albums, books and future appearances.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.