Come experience the short-lived magic of Trollkins

Originally published at: Come experience the short-lived magic of Trollkins | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Nah, Smurf that noise…

2 Likes

Here we have some aesthetic connective tissue between Betty Boop and contemporary DreamWorks/Pixar in the long tradition of male animators drawing male characters in a wide variety of goofy shapes and body types while keeping women largely to a single baby-faced (and usually wasp-waisted) proportion…

Wow, this takes me back. I know that everyone feels that their generation was the best, but being a kid in the 80s really was just magical. There was that sweet spot for me in the early 80s when we didn’t have a VCR, so you had to be in front of the TV at a certain time to catch a show. Saturday mornings were soo sublime. Cartoons and toy commercials galore! We also had our Atari 2600 and then ColecoVision came out, so we weren’t lacking video games. It was just a slice of heaven not since replicated. I was too young to understand the bad things that were happening around me, but all in all 80s cartoons were my refuge. :upside_down_face:

It’s like a mix of Dukes of Hazzard, Smurfs, LOTR, Krofft and Easy Rider all mushed into one - no thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.