Comedian behind Planet of the Bass targets emo pop-rock

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/24/comedian-behind-planet-of-the-bass-targets-emo-pop-rock.html

1 Like

Supposedly, he’s releasing an album this year, fully cementing his status as the musical parody guy.

Why not? It isn’t like Weird Al and Jonathan Coulton have a monopoly on the genre.

1 Like

He’s pretty awesome, and I do love his range, and this is spot on. But…

fully cementing his status as the musical parody guy.

Weird Al has entered the chat…

4 Likes

Speaking of Gerard Way, I just found out that Way and Joe Rogan are cousins. Not distant cousins, either, but 1st cousins, once removed. They’ve never met, though. I guess that’s not surprising. I have 4 first cousins. Three of them have children I’ve never met.

“Y’all don’t know what it’s like, being male, middle-class, and white.”

…I didn’t know until today that this video was directed by Weird Al himself! Certainly looks like him making a brief appearance.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Oh man I haven’t heard that song in forever. That sucked my brain right back to my undergrad days.

Also…

4 Likes

I dunno, if he’s not coming for shoegaze and cross-fit music he’s drawing on those deep musicschool crates for now. Maybe he should be doing a Chris Cornell and releasing a BV-00001 through BV-00044 just yet, trying to book that Billie Eilish block-and-response?

1 Like

Yes, that’s Weird Al in the recording studio. Standing behind him is John McCrea from Cake.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.