Comic book artists vs gravity and boobs

9 Likes

You know, it may not be aliens…

Apparently Noelle is unaware of the invention that is a bra?

If you are wearing a tight shirt and a foam bra and do a handstand, usually your breasts still spill out a bit and cause a “double boob” line where they are spilling out of the stiff molded bra.

You could maybe get this effect with a very carefully fit bra but it would probably still involve some (or alot) of fashion tape.

3 Likes

Namely, her boobs seem immune to gravity.

Seems like a superpower to me.

1 Like

Maybe you have weird expectations about the gravity-defying properties of a small amount of fabric, even with the assistance of an underwire? (also note: under wire.) You may want to consider this shocking fact: a cup may hold water when it is facing right side up, but will do nothing to keep the water from falling out once you turn it upside down.

6 Likes

This, also, is a solution:

4 Likes

You may want to consider this a shock: I’ve been married to a woman for 15 years with Ds and I’ve seen her hang upside down without her boobs falling out of her bra. It’s not that crazy.
Also, since MJ is a model I imagine she has access to fashion tape for a photo-shoot for her photographer hubby to take some pictures.

That’s some weapons-grade justification BS right there. The same tired “explanations” instead of recognising some crapful art for what it is and moving on. Amazeballs!

And this is why we can’t have nice things.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s easy to hang upside down without your breasts spilling out… if you’re wearing the right kind of bra. Sports bras are best but anything that’s fit well, not too low cut and not too stiff should keep them in. But then they will shift up a bit towards your face, unlike this drawing. Not in your face, just a bit more in that direction.

If you are in a low cut bra or a stiff bra, you will likely get a “double boob” line.

The backstory that MJ wanted this particular weird effect and went out of her way to tape them in place is really silly. A model would mostly be concerned with a bra that wouldn’t form weird lines. Why would she fight so hard to avoid a natural looking shift?

3 Likes

Wait, are we assuming that most comic artists have extensive first hand experience with breasts… or females?

(and before everyone grabs pitchforks and torches, I’ve got about got about 20 longboxes filled with individually bagged and boarded comics in my closet, so this attempt at humor is a light hearted dig at my oft perceived as sexless bretheren).

2 Likes

True, but usually it’s their whole body.

Breast-specific gravity, or indeed breast-specific non-gravity not so much.

There’s gotta be some way to use that (or those) to fight crime.

4 Likes

I dunno. Enough silicone and those damn things won’t move for any reason whatsoever.

Conveniently, a number of perfluorocarbon compounds possess exactly those properties! There are even some that are both commercially available and at least somewhat tested in human biomedical applications. Seems totally plausible!

4 Likes

They’re two monsters in my shirt,
and they’re going to make you hurt…

2 Likes

Right before you blurt…
…TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!?

1 Like

Dude, the fullest part of her boobs is at the bottom of the shirt. No. That’s not how gravity works. That’s not how boobs work. Especially not boobs that size. Not even with super glue. LOOK AT IT. You can see the affect of gravity on the bust line- the little dent at the top, the way they’re fullest at the bottom. It’s just entirely upside down. But whatever. Ask your wife, she’ll tell you you’re wrong. Although I really doubt you’d admit it. (Also, FYI: “D” cup means nothing without a band size. There are A cups that are bigger than some D cups Have I blown your mind? ::eye roll::slight_smile:

3 Likes

The shift increases with the size of the boobs, though, sigh. And MJ there’s got really big boobs. I wish to GOD there were some magic bra that would keep larger boobs more in place. It’s a pain in the ass in yoga. (and running).