Comics about men being 'deceived' by makeup

Dangit! I’m sorry, that is the worst of all worlds. Lob a breakfast pastry at him for me.

1 Like

ironically what they are saying is they want women to ‘look natural’, which is code for ‘extremely good makeup artist’.

personally, i just want all women to look like Maggie Smith, right now. Right. Now.

9 Likes

I couldn’t not giggle when seeing the one with the pig, thanks a lot!

Maybe here’s my misconception: I believe some women look better without make-up, but I would not feel “deceived”.

3 Likes

I clicked through, and the strips are really clever and fun. For myself, I only knew a few guys like this back in the day, and I’m old enough they were actual hippies… or hippie spawn.

1 Like

So many internet man-douches could read that book and come away feeling that they are Ignatius without the slightest hint of self-awareness.

3 Likes

Have you read his other book, The Neon Bible? It’s good. Very different, but damn it’s good. Especially as he was only sixteen then.

Hippie Spawn would have been such a good Gen X hardcore band name.

6 Likes

I had no idea it existed - I thought he published one and killed himself.

I’ve got an .epub if’n you can’t find it anywhere.

They want hippie girls? I personally am mostly meh about it. I definitely do not see it as lying anymore than me having a good shower, shave, putting on cologne, etc and we all just look so wonderful in the morning anyway (at least if things go well that way). The worst I have done is tease about “hey who are you and where is the girl I was supposed to meet?” when the SO was done up for something special.

2 Likes

Of my female identifying partners, I think one wears any amount of make up on a regular basis. I’m pretty sure I’ve worn makeup more often than the others and that’s not saying much. I probably wouldn’t go out with someone that wore makeup like Tammy Fae or the like, but I really don’t care either way if they otherwise do or don’t.

2 Likes

No they want some mythical beast that’s “doesn’t need makeup” in that she’s impossible gorgeous without any effort (or at least effort they have to take notice of), “cool” in that she’s completely submissive to their whims and efforts, and “isn’t like other girls” in that she does not exist or assert herself in any way that resembles their various imagined gremlin harpy skank sluts who are feminizing America.

WELL THANK YOU

16 Likes

Wow… thats umm. Like they never have to bathe, shave, get a haircut, use hair gel, etc, etc, themselves? I mean okay men don’t make up their face anymore (not counting goths and subcultures that do) but we do still present a made up version of our face vs what it would look like naturally.

1 Like

A Confederacy of Dunces was also published posthumously, 11 years after his suicide. It took a huge effort from his mother to get it published at all.

2 Likes

With just a little mascara to look female:

17 Likes

A brief but bright star.

Sort of. It still says a lot about a girl.

Nearly yeah. I’ve know a guy who was very judgmental about women’s looks who was also super critical of me for not wanting to go out to breakfast with my gaming group after sleeping on the floor in my clothes and not getting the chance to brush my teeth.

I was super vain for not wanting to go out unwashed but I know exactly what he’d think of seeing someone else going out looking like that.

3 Likes

Well, it says said girl decided she wanted bigger tits is all it says.

1 Like

Wow. Like they can’t wait a few minutes? I sure would want to go have a pee, clean up my face, comb my hai…well maybe not that anymore not enough to bother, brush teeth, etc.

1 Like