Crayola now has a line of gender-fluid makeup

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/06/crayola-now-has-a-line-of-gend.html

11 Likes

Of course you can’t use real crayons to draw on your face; everyone knows you’re supposed to stick them up your nose.

(Anyhow, good on ya, Crayola)

18 Likes

I hope there’s a product in there that’s actually called “Crayola Gender Fluid.”

12 Likes

Ooh this looks super cute. <3
I might buy some eyeshadow.
Ugh, but I’ve got a moratorium on buying more makeup this month!

Uuuurgh. Why is money? ╭( •̀ ︿ •́ )૭

YOU KEEP THAT STUFF AWAY FROM ME.
I’m deathly allergic to gender!

Edit: Bonus pride month manicure pic!

20 Likes

But Sharpie makeup lasts much longer.

21 Likes

6 Likes

We used to use jelly beans - lick the red ones and do your lips with those. Of course, that was back in the day when red dye number whatever would cancer the fuck out of you. And for some reason the fruit flies really liked us. It’s cool to see things change over time in acknowledgement of what always was.

“Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.” - Groucho Marx

13 Likes

Do they have any in Flesh?

11 Likes

Crayola now has a line of gender-fluid makeup

Sharpie Markers are better, and you only apply them once.

2 Likes

Ah - all makeup is gender fluid.

24 Likes

This is cool, I wonder how much of the color spectrum they covered over established brands

1 Like

While this is true (preach it) I’m still appreciative of companies deliberately marketing it as such.
Lotta AMAB people out there who could benefit from the reassurance.

10 Likes

Gender-fluid seems like a weird phrasing. It sounds like the makeup itself switches genders. Gender-neutral? Genderless?

10 Likes

Its’ gender is Thursday.

7 Likes

I prefer the super indelible never come off until you’re dead or maybe even later markers.

1 Like

No one seems to like the term “unisex” anymore.

4 Likes

It’s sounds like something from the Marvel universe.

“We’ve replaced Captain American’s Super Soldier serum with gender-fluid. Let’s see if anyone notices.”

16 Likes

Let’s keep “gender fluid” as an adjective. As a noun it evokes substances that probably shouldn’t be on store shelves.

14 Likes

At what temperatures and pressures does gender-fluid become gender-gas or gender-solid?

10 Likes

“I prefer gender-bose-einstein-condensate. You can’t put me in one of your boxes!”
*slithers up the side of the container and escapes*

14 Likes