Conservative pundit discovers white crayons exist, demands answers from Crayola

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/10/23/conservative-pundit-discovers-white-crayons-exist-demands-answers-from-crayola.html

7 Likes

Sheesh, she really is very good at idioting.

Huh. Now I’m trying to imagine a reason for buying entire boxes full of them. :thinking:

16 Likes

Waterproof graffiti

:kissing::notes:

18 Likes

Marine Life Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

White ones taste best

19 Likes

I don’t like it when people start saying that things were better in the past, but I remember that in the past people were embarrassed to make fools of themselves in public.

44 Likes

She has children?

I truly pity them.

30 Likes
15 Likes

Sounds like her daughter’s an idiot too!

16 Likes

Search engines may have become enshittified, but they still kind of function.

Colored Paper?

The most obvious use for white crayons, colored pencils and watercolors, is for when you are using colored paper.

White Crayon

Just like watercolors, white crayons can be used to blend other crayon colors and even mix them. For example, you use white crayon to soften a red to a pink color. White can also be used as part of lights and shadows to convey shape.

A white crayon can also be used to protect the paper from other watercolors. If you color in a patch that is meant to be a cloud with white crayon, the blue watercolor will “sit on top of” the crayon’s wax.

White crayons are great at providing detail on crayon image. For example, if you want the outline of an object or animal on a darker background, then the white crayon can provide that detail. White crayons can also be used for white hairs and whiskers too.

23 Likes

Also, use them when dying Easter Eggs! You write or draw on the shell, dye them, and the dye won’t get to you colored it.

But yeah, seriously, she NEVER used colored construction paper as a kid and used white on a dark color? I remember using it to draw ghosts on black paper.

20 Likes

A two year old can be forgiven for such lack of knowledge, IF the story is even true…

24 Likes

24 Likes

I was just thinking that image should be their only reply; should Crayola even deign to acknowledge her stupidity.

21 Likes

I’m probably just an old pedant, but “all paper isn’t white” means something different from “not all paper is white”. It’s definitely not just this author, it’s become incredibly widespread, our whole culture has forgotten how negatives work.

18 Likes

It was previously known as “flesh tone”. /s

10 Likes

Considering that 99% off her tweets for the last few weeks are about Kamala’s race I suspect she was trying to say something only she can understand.

14 Likes

Yeah, I too wondered if she was aiming for, and then missed, some kind of racial gotcha.

Right? I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s simply following Tromp’s lead of saying something outrageously absurd just to get her name back in the “news.”

17 Likes

Indeed; I find it hard to believe that even a moron like Owens somehow doesn’t know about the existence of colored construction paper.

14 Likes

Because she had sex, at some point.

6 Likes

Sorry, ok I was aiming a bit too low on that one. Too near to a sexist trope that’s too easy for a male to invoke. Mea culpa . . .

2 Likes