Commanding debate performance hands Kamala Harris the club

“gottum!”

22 Likes

Kudos for giving proper credit where it is due.

23 Likes

I would like to believe that his taking every last goddamn thing to 11 would scream “unreliable narrator” to even the ignorant. “Venezuela on steroids”, “Israel cease to exist in two years”, “[Biden] the worst President in history”, “not 10 million, I think it’s 21 million, actually I think it’s more than that [pick a number!!]”, “Marxist”, there’s never a “I think she’s a little bit wrong on that”.

What I found hilarious watching it was the Mad Libs grab bag of “trans surgery for undocumented jailed immigrants”. Are you running out of time so you’re just stringing things together or what? Joke’s on me, that was one of the most truthful things he said the entire night! But who could believe it at that point?

11 Likes

“Rope-a-dope” still works! Yay!

9 Likes

234th trimester

20 Likes

Really, I just want someone to say, to Trump’s face, “Here’s how tariffs actually work, here’s why they’re used, here’s what the impact is on US businesses and consumers. You were president and you still don’t even know what a tariff is, at the most basic level, you utter cretin.”

I’d certainly hope so. Some people obviously don’t care, but I’d hope they’re just the hard-core Trump supporters, not the undecided.

The NYTimes is telling me that undecided voters wanted more policy details from Harris, which… I mean, Trump is up there giving no details beside “trust me, bro” and back on his “replace Obamacare” horse even after his previous debacle. I still think his promise that he had a great replacement all lined up, and then admitted he lied after he took office, and that he had no idea it was so complicated, should have destroyed his political career, or at the very least made it such that no one would ever believe any policy promises ever again.

15 Likes

This is clearly a doctored photo, because the Oceangate Titan could never make it down that far.

13 Likes

Getting to the bottom of the ocean is the one thing that submarine proved it could do.

21 Likes

In one piece, tho?

9 Likes

Pure gaslighting.

“This thing that you heard me say on live television? Yeah, that’s been debunked.”

16 Likes

Luckily, the way that Harris was able to play him like a cheap fiddle was just an anomaly, a one-off occurrence. There’s no way that any foreign leader or special interests lobbyist would be able to pull off anything similar if he became president.

/s

26 Likes

Does one very small piece count?

8 Likes

I liked the description that one of the Pod Save America guys gave comparing her to Bugs Bunny painting a fake tunnel on the side of a rock with the road going up to it, and Trump being the hapless antagonist who has no choice but to follow the road and smack right into the rock. “What choice does he have? That’s the where the road goes!”

20 Likes

Aliens eating cats, hmmm?
Untitled

22 Likes

… there’s certainly no point watching it live :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Any submarine can do that. The challenging bit is coming up again.

17 Likes

Which is just wild given that “concept of a plan” was related to the ACA, which he’s been promising to “repeal and replace” since at least 2016 if not longer.

After all this time, he still can’t seem to figure out anything past the “repeal” step.

Me too! Mrs. Ficus said out loud during the debate yesterday, “he really doesn’t understand how tarrifs work, does he?”

I also loved how Harris framed these as a “20% Trump sales tax” only for him to say, “there’s no Trump sales tax […] I’ll slap 20% tarrifs on every import!” completely oblivious to the contradiction he just stepped in.

19 Likes

After her encounter with Trump’s claw, I hope Kamala worked her hands over with strong anti-bacterial soap and a surgical scrub brush for 30 minutes.

16 Likes

Yeah, that was great - the only way Harris could have improved on it was by adding something like:
“And of course there’s no evidence of that, it’s just a bad joke about Asian immigrants people have been telling for literally a hundred years. But, I guess Republicans do have a habit of taking old racist jokes seriously” - gesture at Trump.

19 Likes

Anyway, not sure what I’ll have for dinner tonight. I do know what Kamala’s having though – Orange Chicken.

22 Likes