Compact electric pickup trucks on the way

That looks like a decently sane work truck. 28 MPG average? That’s… damned impressive, really.
It seems like a good truck for people who have something to get done, rather than something to prove.

I don’t imagine it has BlueCruise monitoring, eh?

2 Likes

I think only CoPilot360 is available on Mavericks. At least when I ordered mine. It was a common constraint in the early months of production, meaning having it in your order lessened the chance of your vehicle getting built due to lack of parts.

There are a lot of Mavs in SE Michigan now. I see them all the time. It’s not unusual to see them in construction or landscaping company livery. Orkin seems to be switching over to them too.

3 Likes

Yeah, the towing capability of the PHEV is the only slight mark against it. On the other hand, I don’t have anything to tow! On the other hand, I only don’t have anything to tow because I have nothing to tow it with!

Iirc, Ford started cracking down on dealerships doing this last year because of the popularity of the Maverick and Bronco (also, that Bronco :stuck_out_tongue:). But actually, a quick scan of forums indicates that although the CEO indicated they would, it’s still rampant so good looking out.

Also, y’all are not helping my financial planning!

1 Like

But the important question for those in the developing world is: How easily can you turn into a “technical”?

8 Likes

Not electric, but:

1 Like

That looks like something used by the groundskeeper of a golf course.
Is that even street legal here?

1 Like

I decided not to wait around for the order and found a gently-used one coming off an employee lease. Even paying more than I wanted to, it was less than I would have paid for something comparable, and I was in a time crunch to get a vehicle that I could put a carseat in the back of.

The most annoying thing about trying to find one rather than ordering was the amount of dealerships that included the orders in their available stock online. I hit up 3 different dealerships that supposedly had them on the lot, only to realize that they had all been ordered.

For a guy with a hobby farm and a long commute for work, it ticks all the boxes.

1 Like

I mean everything is a convertible once, if only briefly.

1 Like

Not a PHEV. They don’t matter a plug in version yet. And rumor mill says they don’t have it planned, but rather full EV.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.