Competing construction companies have a front-loader fight in a busy street

Best new contender for future death sport?

I have seen the future of television entertainment, and it is construction equipment gladiator fighting.

Be right back, just setting up a call with Mark Pauline, Caterpillar, Inc. and a few TV executives.

1 Like
1 Like

And now, [with the appropriate music.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbgaI4zBQIA)

2 Likes

The FIRST rule of Loader Club…

4 Likes

I was trying to figure out which was more appropriate: Yackety Sax or the Star Trek fight music…

2 Likes

And given their bottom line of late, it’s likely they’d take the call!

I’m still wondering: At what point did this fight go from foreman-v-foreman to dudes running for their machines? Wouldn’t a fistfight be easier, cheaper?

Now, don’t get me wrong–I love it when hulking construction vehicles try to destroy one another within city limits just like anyone else…

Liked for the subtle reference to Beyond Thunderdome.

When we got our house we needed quite a bit of dirt removed. My wife kept going on about how all bobcat drivers are crazy; I was skeptical. But sure enough, the guy was a little nuts. This video is yet another anecdata point.

I think there is something about living out a child hood tonka toy fantasy that gives adults that delightful crazy glint in the eye.

1 Like

That’s like mixing up a front shovel excavator with a backhoe. Vulgarians.

2 Likes

Here’s the soundtrack.

Allow me to introduce you to the (likely first and only) construction equipment fighting game: Kensetsu Juuki Kenka Batoru: Buchigire Kongou!! (yes the title has two exclamation points.)

I couldn’t find any great screen shots but I actually own a copy of this so I could make some if any interest.

3 Likes

Among the things my dad did for a living included logging in NC. (It was a family business, actually, with my grandfather and my uncle.) On a daily basis he used chainsaws, drove a log truck, and operated different skidders and a knuckle boom loader. I got to go with him once in a while and hang out in the cab with him while he worked. He was quite skilled with the equipment and was pretty amazing to watch.

Despite all that, he eventually agreed that I made the right choice going into computers. (Still wish I could have brought one of the skidders home when I inherited the property, although I have no idea where I would have parked the thing. It would certainly change the way I do yard work … as well as the yard.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.