Ordering food at Taco Bell drive-thru while watching a parking lot fight

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/29/ordering-food-at-taco-bell-dri.html

3 Likes

The drive-thru advertising screen makes it:

NEW Fiery Doritos Locos tacos /
Your best decision of the day

Indeed.

11 Likes

That gets really unpleasant really quickly. I’d say place your order and let the professionals deal with the fray but the professionals seem unsure how to handle it.

5 Likes

Fight in the lot, fight in your gut. Bing! Perfect day.

10 Likes

I can’t figure out who is the Democrat and who is the Republican?

5 Likes

5 Likes

Those poor firemen don’t know what to do.

“Should… should we get the hose? Usually when we have problems we get the hose.”

“I am not sure if the hose is what we need here.”

“But, the hose. It’s all we know. Oooh, or the ax!”

“No, Jerry. Not the ax. Axes are for doors and structures.”

“So… the hose then?”

46 Likes

Dinner and a show for a limited time at participating restaurants!

14 Likes

Admittedly Taco Bell brings out the fight in me too. But most of the fighting happens the next day.

15 Likes

Not sure which was the better decision… Eating Taco Hell or having a catfight in the parking lot.

8 Likes

13 Likes

Usually you pay extra for a show with dinner.

One time I was in Toronto at a paintball tournament and one of the guys and I decided to wander around down town and we found this sort of generic restaurant that was run by Italians.

These two young drunk women come in and they want a salad, and the owner, this older Italian lady, tells them they don’t have salad now. They are closing up soon, and don’t have salad. They complain some more and plead and she says, “Fine, I make-a you a salad to go.”

I can’t remember what happens between then and the time she brings them out, but at some point the girls don’t want the salad, they want something else. The owner wasn’t having it, “I’ll make-a you something else, but you ordered a salad, you pay for the salad. You can take it home.”

Things just went down hill from there. Yelling, screaming, things like, “I know your family. I know your mother!” were said. I mean if this was NYC one would expect mob strong men chilling in the back to be filtering out. It ended with shoving and the girls being removed from the restaurant, and doors locked, and glass doors being slammed against almost to the point of breaking.

I was hoping they offered a free desert or something for the commotion, but they sort of half apologized. Kind of got the feeling this wasn’t weird for them.

8 Likes

There used to be a Polish restaurant not far from me that wasn’t in a terrific part of town. The cook and server was one guy named Teddy; he’d come out, take your order, make your food, and serve it in big tureens. True home cooking, really lovely guy with two cauliflower ears and a big red nose.

One time my friends and I were there (the only customers, it wasn’t a busy place) when the door opened and this wirey bearded guy in a track suit poked his head in and yelled a question in Polish to Teddy. Teddy answered back and the guy walked in and kept talking in Polish. Teddy put his arm around him, smiled, and gently walked him back out. “This place was once bar. He is local drunk, comes around, wants beer,” he shrugged. The guy stuck his head back in and shouted something angrily in Polish. Teddy reached around the counter, grabbed a baseball bat, and ran after him out the door.

Ten minutes went buy. Things got awkward. Then Teddy came back inside, all sweaty, and grinned at us, shaking his baseball bat. “Ha! No charge for dinner show with baseball bat!! I cook galubkis and bigos now!”

20 Likes

Fiery Dorita Locos, more like

7 Likes

If you see something, order something. :thinking:

14 Likes

Seems like a good thing that firemen were first on the scene. If it were cops someone may have gotten shot.

9 Likes

Wow, is that all it costs to buy your silence? My ex-MiL makes good Pierogi.

5 Likes

This made my day

Fourth fireman walks onto the scene:

Fireman #4: [looks at two women fighting, then at Fireman #1] What’s going on here?
Fireman #1: It’s—I don’t know, I just found them fighting only thirty seconds ago.
Fireman #4: Well, where the hell’s the hose?
Fireman #1: [looks at Fireman #2]

16 Likes

Things… could get messy.

2 Likes