Concrete block crushes car and narrowly misses owner who was cleaning snow off windshield

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/19/concrete-block-crushes-car-and-narrowly-misses-owner-who-was-cleaning-snow-off-windshield.html

10 Likes

The concrete block questioned the Russian government’s COVID response and “fell” off the building.

31 Likes

Well he doesn’t have to worry about the snow now.

Hope there wasn’t anybody in the car.

A few years back my bike commute took me past a construction site. For some reason a crane was suspending a heavy load over the left lane in the road and this one driver just sat there waiting for it to move. Everybody else just went past but that guy wasn’t taking a risk.

11 Likes

headlines are hard to write

5 Likes

Another great example of the butterfly effect.

4 Likes

Would “block of concrete” be more accurate?

Not all block shaped concrete things are cinder blocks.

4 Likes

You’d prefer “concrete slab?”

14 Likes

Well, at least he knows his car alarm works.

12 Likes

That one has to go on Tosh.0’s Lucky-Son-of-a-Bitch list.

5 Likes

Silver lining…no need to scrape the ice on the windshield.

8 Likes

It landed right in the back seat. It just wanted to go for a ride.

2 Likes

It looks like that viralhog youtube channel took the guys original video and added foley sound effects (you may be thinking it’s odd that the sound of a car being destroyed is the same as a bunch of kitchen implements falling on the floor)

12 Likes

I’m thinking that the panel fell off because of decades of “deferred maintenance”.

8 Likes

put me in the “concrete slab” camp, along with the camp of people who need to change their pants now.

7 Likes

Syndablokk, awakened by snow mass.

eta: Okay, bring on the concrete sphere crushes car videos. Heh. Target used to anchor their red round bollards less than now.

We said architectural fails!

Gratuitous Depeche Mode Cover (Enjoy The Silence.)

8 Likes

Shaka, when the wall fell

13 Likes

“Soviet Bloc Crumbles”

16 Likes

In Soviet Russia, block crush you!

4 Likes

In Soviet Russia, building hits car!

12 Likes

This happened when I lived in Montreal years ago. Killed a young woman on a dinner date with her husband on the patio of a restaurant. https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/falling-concrete-slab-kills-woman-at-montreal-restaurant-1.417370

Absolutely tragic.

3 Likes